Hope to Start with Superior Soon

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by AVTechMan, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    I finally got to check out the Pete. It is indeed an automatic. Real nice inside and has good storage space. I want one. :D I wonder how the auto performs, especially on an incline, loaded & from a stopped position.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I drove the one my trainer had, its not bad. It does pull nicely in the hills, and I do think they specced them with a little more hp. My only complaint is how it backs. You have to apply a little fuel to get it to move, it wont idle back so it takes some getting used to. And sometimes it will newb shift instead of holding a gear it tries to upshift early. But I would not hesitate to take one if offered, the Mack I'd rather just keep my newer Prostar that rides nicely, pulls decent, and has more storage.

4. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    I had a chance to look into one of the Pete's yesterday, and it looks very nice. I noticed the truck also has the built in screen for the NAV and GPS, similar to the Kenworth truck I drove at my last employer. Sleeper area looks pretty roomy and has decent space. May be a long while before we get more Pete's and then again, good chance the trainers may get them.

Looks like in about two weeks I will be sent to Greer for the week long school. Kinda sucks having to go several states away for a training class but one of the things ya gotta do. Instead of flying I requested to take a load out that way so at least i'll get paid for the trip there and back. I'm being set up for the June 22nd class. Will be interesting to see how this class will be.

This week has been fairly busy, having picked up numerous loads of the same product from a plant in Bay City TX to Seabrook. Several other Superior guys were doing the same thing (about 3 additional trucks) so looks like this customer is taking in alot of this product.

Tuesday was a sucky day as I had a trailer, once loaded (same facility in BC) started leaking pretty badly and as a result, they had to unload the trailer and wouldn't let it out of the gate so I had to drop it there and bobtail back to the yard. Apparently it was discovered the leak started on the inside of the tank near the external (belly trailer) and ran down to the bolts. Obviously it will be red-tagged once it gets back to the yard for repair.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    The school isn't too bad. The instructors make dry subject matter entertaining. Jack could do stand up comedy if he wanted to. You will laugh a lot. Don't be late for class or back from breaks.

6. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    If that's the case then it shouldn't be too bad. Never had any problem being on time so no worries there.

7. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Today has been quite a busy day...the whole week has been busy. Just about burned all of my 70 hours for this week. Two runs to Kenedy TX for picking up preloads and local stuff for the remaining part of the week.

I was set up to do four loads this weekend picking up from Alvin to Channelview but, I had let dispatch know I was getting low on hours on my 70 (14 to be exact). Today I was only able to do one of the loads because of heavy rains and thunder this morning in which the customer had shut down and did not allow any trucks in until it passed. Needless to say it ate up a good chunk of hours (but got paid in the process).

After today I only have about a few hours left on my 70 so it looks like they will try to find someone to cover the two Sunday loads. Also informed them that I will need my reset for the trip to Greer next week.

Monday I will be doing a short preload pickup that's pretty close to the yard so that will be a short day.

Its awesome that they're keeping us busy...that's a good thing but I still want to have time to do other things too. I have numerous hobbies and definitely want to get back into doing them again....they're great stress relievers after a long day.

8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I burned my 70 up this week as well. I have 7.75 hours left for tomorrow. They have me on a Winder Ga run that you can normally turn in 1 day. Dispatch said something about dropping it on the yard Friday when she put it on me. That won't happen when its 5 hours away. I pick up 10 at midnight so probably end up delivering the load. I am about ready for a day off too.

9. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Well its possible that I will be getting a load going to Greensboro NC on Wednesday. I'm hoping they will get me a load going to SC instead (they will let me keep the same trailer after getting unloaded), but if not then NC will be the first stop before heading to Greer.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Probably better this way. You will get paid for more miles on the trip plus the 140 or so deadhead miles to Greer.

AVTechMan Thanks this.
  11. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Finally made it to Greer earlier this afternoon. Greer's yard is much larger compared to the one in Pasadena. The unload in Greensboro this morning went without a hitch and was done in an hour's time. Got checked into my hotel in Duncan SC so got the weekend to rest and await for class on Monday morning.

I'm wondering if I can use the personal conveyance on the truck in case I need to go to the store for some things. I forgot what the max miles were but I know it wasn't alot.

Wsyrob, what terminal are you based out of....in GA? I passed through the High Point area in NC but didn't have time to stop there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.