Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. HwyPilot

HwyPilot Medium Load Member

May 31, 2008
    Northern Georgia
    Georgia was great about sending the IFTA tags out this year - I got them a month ago and still haven't filed for 4Q 09. On the 4 wheeler side of the fence, they have this neat little system - that was news to me. If your car insurance lapses, they suspend your registration. Somehow it screwed up, I got a notice in the mail, and called my insurance to verify I was still covered. Then I called the state back and let them know they'd better straighten that out. :biggrin_25523: Kinda strange, but good to know they keep up on stuff around here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Well, I remebered the camera, but the batteries were dead. Go figure...

Its my own fault. Insurance cards had expired 20 days ago. I was 300 lbs over weight. Plus the trailer registration, and trailer inspection paperwork were wet from being in the tube on the trailer, it was pretty much illegible. Pretty sure that's why he pulled me over the second time LOL.

Oh, and then I had picked up the new trailer, and couldn't find the dot inspection form for it when he asked the second time he pulled me over. Plus I was 800 lbs over weight. So... I am guessing there will be a 3rd time.:biggrin_25523:

Same dot guy both time, he's actually a pretty decent guy. He hasn't written me a ticket yet, but does do a lot of finger shaking at me :biggrin_25522:

HwyPilot and Big John Thank this.
  4. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    If you were only 300 and 800 over he won't bother you much. That's doing good for a grain hauler. Normally they won't mess with you once they figure out you're not overweight. However with paperwork problems they might pull you over a few more times.

I have friends who if they aren't 85,500 or more think they are light. Occasionally they pay some fines but they think they haul overweight enough to pay for them. I've never been quite sure about that logic.:biggrin_25520:

Big John Thanks this.
  5. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I got nailed in Illinois for being 960lbs over and the lady told me it wasn't enough for a ticket. Maybe anything under 1000 over is a warning. Still had to have some taken off and hauled away as she wouldn't let me go until I was legal.

6. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Here I sit all broken hearted came to Abengoa, but only...

Did I mention I dont like this place?

7. dairyman

dairyman <b> Hopper Thread Greeter</b>

Oct 31, 2009
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    kick,kick,kick,poke,poke,poke,bang,bang,bang.:biggrin_25521::biggrin_2553: Boy,i sure love that warm ddg:biggrin_25513:

Kansas, RW., Big John and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    I feel for you dairyman. That would not be fun but your post was pretty funny... would have to pull hoppers to appreciate the humor.

dairyman Thanks this.
  9. cowdoc

cowdoc Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2008
    walnut ridge, ar
    In Arkansas if you load off the farm there is supposed to be a 5% tolerance on weight.

10. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    Well that's not too bad then. Yeah, bugs are quite a problem when its 20 degrees! :biggrin_2559:

Possibly getting snow here tonight and tomorrow, 2 to 5 inches, I'm hoping for 2 or less. Hope the roads are clear by Sat, I was planning on going up to Peoria to the truck show.

11. slabrunner

slabrunner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    Abengoa: ethanol plant, heh?

Yeah, snow is coming across all the way to eastern seaboard. It's missing us though. El Nino is giving us strange weather. Last year we had a ton of snow but this year barely a foot on the ground now in W MI.

wheathauler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.