Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. cowdoc

cowdoc Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2008
    walnut ridge, ar
    Wheathauler we're right on the edge this time. They don't know whether we're gonna get a freezing mix or snow. I'd rather have snow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    Yeah, it was a good time. Always nice to see shiny and new stuff this time of year when it seems like our trucks have been muddy and salty for so long now. Some of those trucks in the beauty contest are amazing how clean and shiny they are. :biggrin_25514: I see one of them all the time running through here with hogs, its an '09, but its still mighty impressive to see a working truck so clean and well cared for. On one hand, I got a few ideas for ours, but it also makes ours seem like rusty old buckets of bolts.

We've got at least 3 cows really close, probably will drop them tonight or tomorrow in the snow. Supposed to start snowing here around midnight, could get up to 6" monday and possibly more tuesday. I guess it shouldn't be as bad as what the east coast got, so I'm thankful for that.

dairyman Thanks this.
  4. 7mouths2feed

7mouths2feed "Family Man"

Nov 29, 2007
    Jacksonville, AR
    I will be joining Cowdoc and becoming an Arkonite this week. Have to get routed through the pebble this week to sign the papers on a 3br 2 ba 4 acres with a small horse barn and a round pen... Its actualy in Jacksonville, AR. Have had the whole family on the road with me while waiting on the papers to go through. Its been interesting to say the least. Lets just say that mom, dad 3 kids and a 90lbs dog in a 72" condo makes for a close knit family. LOL

Also still looking for a good 42/43 x 96 x 72/78 trailer if anyone sees anything let me know.

I guess I should introduce them all to you. Wife/Melissa, Me, Anthony 8, Jalisa 5, Xavier 6 and Tank 3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    wow 5mouths, that was probably really cramped. was there any bickering over who got the jump seat?

6. dairyman

dairyman <b> Hopper Thread Greeter</b>

Oct 31, 2009
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    Sounds like ya'll have found a great place to raise them yunguns,plus thats a pretty good place for hoppers,heck,you might even get some mid-week rest in your own bed once in a while,now all you need is a good quarterhorse and the family will be complete:biggrin_2559:

They will calve in the snow,they would'nt want to disapoint:biggrin_25525:. Glad you had a good time at the show.I would'nt apologize for the way your trucks look,they look well cared for to me,shucks,my 'ol truck is 20 years old,at least you have tilt and cruise:biggrin_2559:

7. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Looks like Tank gets his way and I would bet he is riding shotgun. :biggrin_2559:

8. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Thats a good looking crew you got with ya. :biggrin_25519:

9. Big John

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Their is nothing wrong with a twenty year old truck espescially when you don't have a payment book that goes with it.

dairyman Thanks this.
  10. Big John

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    How's it going Kansas?

Just talked to the wife she said it was raining at home. I hope that is all it does.

11. Big John

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Cowdoc I honked the horn earlier when I went thru Walnut Ridge. I seen some farms with hoppers are you located on the highway or off the beaten path?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.