Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. slabrunner

slabrunner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    Sounds like you'd need two rigs to do that one, wh.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Yes, This merchandiser usually calls when he really needs a load moved. I was surprised it was all or nothing usually they take what you think you can get in.

This place is busy all the time anyway. Some things can be done but not if there are a lot of other trucks there. Highside & Kansas you probably know the place on 17 th between broadway and mosely in Wichita.

4. highside

highside Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Kansas
    Ahhh yes...the good ole' C.F. - which stands for "cluster ****" I don't blame you for shying away from that deal. Funny how a merchandiser calls you out of the blue, all nicey nicey, and then asks you to do the impossible for him. What nice guys!

wheathauler Thanks this.
  5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You must be doing good if you cn stock the freezer at Schwans prices . Are they still dding a FSC to the orders ? That's pretty good . They got grants to conserve energy running all their trucks to propane and they add $1 FSC to each order . And for how many orders per route ?
    http://www.aboutus.org/Schwans.com
    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...NJt9ad&sig=AHIEtbQ6e40F7KTH4bY7iamY2GL7MDrtqQ

slabrunner Thanks this.
  6. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Yep, still adding surcharge. They're doing all right for the route that's for sure. I don't buy a whole lot from them but some of it is pretty good.

7. highside

Feb 6, 2010
    Kansas
    wheathauler i got your PM but i don't have enough posts to reply back....yes, I've been to that town many times. It's a very decent place to go. One of my favorites, actually. Are you taking corn?

wheathauler Thanks this.
  8. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Sorry, forgot you had to have 50 posts. Yes, corn going there. Found out what they were paying after sent you PM. On the low side but might be doable with a good back haul. This broker is always lower than the others not sure why.

9. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    A lot of times you get what you pay for. If people want rock bottom price they should expect rock bottom service. Glad to hear you won him back.

dairyman and montana cowboy Thank this.
  10. highside

Feb 6, 2010
    Kansas
    Wheathauler, if you do go down there, bear in mind that the highway running north out of town will not be available to you as there is a bridge out between Ringwood and Okeene. Keep that in mind when you plot a route, and figure your mileage. I hope it all works out for you.

wheathauler Thanks this.
  11. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Know it well, the scalemaster John is pretty good people. Cept when he kicked me out cause of bugs once, but I forgave him :biggrin_25523:

I figured out today when my fuel gauge is all the way in to the red, and laying flat I still have about 10 gallons in each tank. I was sweating bullets coming home today for no reason. YES! I know I need to put a stick in the truck to dip my tanks lol. She took 182 gallons :biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.