Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    I think everyone with hopper has a "Cargill" story! Welcome to the hopper thread Cluck Cluck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I was thinking on that tag axle. Is it possible to move the fifth wheel back a notch so the tag doesn't have to support as much to get the steers down to 12.5 or would that screw up the whole balance and put the trailer over weight?

4. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    You would have to get the truck up to gross weight, then axle out to see of you have any give. If you are able to get within 1000 lbs on the drives by moving the 5th wheel, you may be able to remove enough weight to get legal by taking the tag off.

5. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    normally 7am to 3am but since they were taking these special beans they were running one shift only 8-4, the best part about it was i was never supossed to get loaded the "girls upstairs" at cargill didn't do their job therefore i lost 1 load of DDG that week and causing me to dead head 100 some miles home

6. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    And its great to be here,

7. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Chilly last night down to mid 30's. This doesn't feel like May to me. We may get some rain Monday sure could use it.

8. HwyPilot

HwyPilot Medium Load Member

May 31, 2008
    Northern Georgia
    I think you're right friend! At this point, if it says Cargill I won't take it. Nothing like trying to haul for places that only unload until around 2 or 4pm, and will stall you at least a half day. No wonder they don't have their own trucks - they'd go BROKE.

As much as I'd like to feel someone's pain about deadheading 100 miles home - ummmmm HEHEHEHEH oh my, not 2 hours drive home!?! Welcome cluck cluck and glad to have ya. Think I set the record for deadheading home when the freight agent left me stranded in CO and I drove home empty to GA a month ago LOL.

Hope you folks are having a good weekend, I'm sitting it out in MA waiting on a load Monday. We were hoping it would be ready Friday, but the customers not ready to load yet. Nothing like sitting 3 days in the truck after you've been out 10 days already :) Hopefully I'll be home next weekend or a little earlier - this trip is working out to be a long one but the rates are good and I needed to catch up some.

dairyman and RW. Thank this.
  9. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    :biggrin_25514:Welcome cluck cluck to the forum. When i hauled beans to Cargill in Sioux City, Ia they stayed open untill 11:00 pm. Do their hrs change after harvest?

10. dairyman

dairyman <b> Hopper Thread Greeter</b>

Oct 31, 2009
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    Windy,Windy,Windy... I thought it was going to break my bug-shield in half it was blowing so hard!

11. s hauler

s hauler Bobtail Member

May 3, 2010
    Saginaw Mi
    i dead headed home from indio cali to saginaw mi my dispacher was a idiot i think it was 3000 and some miles but it was his fuel card so it bit him reel hard in the pocket book

7mouths2feed Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.