Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    rate cutters will soon disappear, i have confidence in the legit companys to push them out, eventually quality will come into play

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    I thank you guys for helpin out a newby like me, i need it

4. dairyman

dairyman <b> Hopper Thread Greeter</b>

Oct 31, 2009
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    Wheathauler,whats the verdict on your turbo? I wus hoping it was just a bad air-to-air or intercooler boot leak or bad boot clamp. Glad to hear ya'll are weeding-out some bottom feeders,at least.They must be head'n east though,i lost another small feed mill ''partial'' account to a lower bid today:biggrin_25513:,its been purty slow around here lately,i just hauled 9 loads of feed ingredients in all of June so i'm looking forward to corn harvest. On a good note,the temps are in the low 80's with low humidity so me and Molly have been nice and comfy sitt'n on the porch sipping tea and chaseing rabbits in the evenings(I sip the tea,Molly chases the rabbits:biggrin_25525:),we had the hottest June on record here in Ky.,11 days in a row with temps over 90 and high humidity. Hope everyone has a profitable and safe week out there.

RW. Thanks this.
  5. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Had to replace turbo to tune of $1800. The bearings were bad in the turbo. Never had one go bad before and the noise it made was unsettling. Thought I blew my engine up but all the gages showed ok.

Hope things pick up for you and your rate cutters disappear too. That was pretty good about you sipping the tea and molly chasing the rabbits. :biggrin_2559: We harvest corn anywhere for late august to mid september depending on weather.

dairyman Thanks this.
  6. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    Ouch, wheathauler, that hurt! Oh well, maybe it will be trouble free for you when things are busy this fall. Our 2 hoppers haven't moved in a month, I aired them up yesterday to release the brakes and grease them, one of them had 3 of the brake shoes rusted stuck to the drum. This weather has been great though, people are finally getting the rest of their beans in, what little wheat there was here has been cut, and no a/c needed at night. Dairyman, I don't have a dog to chase rabbits, although I did nail a pesky groundhog with my 12 gauge from my deck last night. :biggrin_255: Glad you confirmed which one of you was sipping tea and which one was chasing rabbits! :biggrin_2559:

dairyman Thanks this.
  7. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Hauled for seed company today and have work for next week. Harvest rates are over not that they went up much anyway. Hauling next week from a elevator in the middle of know where. Isn't even on the map, pollard ks.

Kansas hopper guys may know where that is probably nobody else. Two or more silos six miles north of Lyons

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  8. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    If its 6 miles north of Lyons, it may be around the Geneseo---Crawford area.

9. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Yep, you're getting warm. The only sign they have for elevator is in west field just before you turn west a mile. I had the out of state harvest trucks asking me where it was. The sign is very small many people miss it. I was wondering if any Kansas hoppers knew where it was, didn't think you would Saddle Tramp.

Hauled out of there last summer it's mainly a overflow elevator for Lyons and Chase area. They are part of Stering Co-op

10. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    I looked it up on my yahoo map guide & from Nebr. go south on hi-way 81 to I-70W, to Ellsworth/ Great Bend ext225, turn left on KS 156, go 13.1 miles, turn left on KS 14, go 19.4 miles, hope this helps.

wheathauler Thanks this.
  11. cowdoc

cowdoc Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2008
    walnut ridge, ar
    Long day today. We opened 2 new bins and had to rod the doors on both of them. I finally got loaded about 8:15. That hybrid really packs, bridges, and clumps. Jonesboro dryer projects 17 million bu. in this yr. from their signup. Last yr. they took in 9-9.5 mil.. I heard the report has US rice acreage up 13%. Gonna be a big 1 it looks like. I'm gonna have to get some good reading material for sittin in line.

wheathauler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.