Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    I may go out further if loads start getting scarce locally so far not too bad. I was wondering if it would hurt the bed of hopper, if it's like regular fertlizer should be ok

Like RW says they usually have plans made when they put it on the ground. To get out the piles of grain at ADM here they use front end loaders.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I see a lot of big piles on the ground so when the time comes their should be a lot of trucks needed to haul it but then that is when the bottom feeders show up it seems like.

4. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Sun Valley has the contract to haul out the piled grain for ADM here. They do most of the major transferring for ADM here. They are a major player with all their trucks. They haul for all the grain companies here

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  5. dairyman

dairyman <b> Hopper Thread Greeter</b>

Oct 31, 2009
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    Kinda like everyone else said wheathauler,it flows out fine as long as you keep everthing dry. I will say,if it has that fine dust floating around when they load you,it won't be a bad idea to spray off the frame rails and everything else on your truck,46-0-0 urea is not as bad as 34-0-0 amonia nitrate,but it will still rust out a frame if left on for an extended period,but you probably already know that.

I feel your pain,1988pete379,i guess thats the price we pay for still running these 'ol relics:biggrin_25525:. Have a good week ,and now that you mentioned it,i need to check my rear motor mounts too:biggrin_25526:

6. 1988pete379

1988pete379 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    North East TX
    What is sad is that is on our 2003 Freightliner our 88 Pete so far knock on wood is doing just fine but it has a problem with passing up fuel stops seems it can not kick that habit Love ot drink fuel but that is ole school Cummins Big Cam 4 400 for you It loves the left lane most of the time sep this time of the yr summer time right lane truck only . Here is apicture of both trucks the Pete does not have pup trler hooked ot it in this picture .

Attached Files:

RW., wheathauler and dairyman Thank this.
  7. dairyman

dairyman <b> Hopper Thread Greeter</b>

Oct 31, 2009
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    Those are good looking outfits you have there,1988pete.Those 'ol Big Cam IV's are hard to beat too.I have a friend that has one sitti'n under a Ford LT9000 with a small sleeper on it that yanks a high-side hopper around and we all just ease over to the right lane when we see him coming:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25514:,they will flat out run if they have been properly''tuned'':biggrin_255:

8. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Headed to Cowdoc's area to get a load of rice going back to Nebraska. Nice paying load too.

wheathauler Thanks this.
  9. cowdoc

cowdoc Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2008
    walnut ridge, ar
    Lots of rice this year. Riceland Jboro took in over twice as much this fall as last. It's milling the worst we've ever seen apparently pretty much statewide.

10. cowdoc

cowdoc Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2008
    walnut ridge, ar
    Producers came out last week and said the only way they'll take anymore rice this year is seasonal pool. The milling is apparently dropping as it dries down and normally it gets better. Riceland so far hasn't followed suit.

11. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Anybody interested in a 46 DeSoto custom? It went up about 2 hours ago and the price is pocket change if you want a project. #### me and my lack of change.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.