Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    I think my merchandiser thinks I'm a idiot, well maybe I am, he was paying 15 cents a bushel for 50 miles and then wants to pay 27 cents a bushel for 120 miles! Guess it must be merchandisers math.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I take it it is round trip?

Hey I might be in your area in the morning I am picking up my load and running up to Salina and can't unload until AM. Might stop in Hutch for breakfast you going to be around?

4. highside

highside Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Kansas

Dang, WH, you hang with a tough crowd!

5. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    yes, should be around. I'm not going to haul for some of these rates. The 15 cents is round trip. 27 would have to find a backhaul. PM me when you think you might be here.

6. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Yeah, I know. The sad thing I have been checking around and most of the rates out of SW Kansas are 1.28 mile or less loaded. Last year I heard of a load out of Guymon to Wichita for.89 a mile. Can't bounce hardly anymore got to find a backhaul which is hard when only going 50 miles or less. I haven't heard from Cargill for two months. Think Sun Valley is soaking up all the loads.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  7. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Found some wheat to haul today and will have some more tomorrow. Tomorrows actually pays pretty good I like that. I've already run more this winter than last winter. Next week looks like a really cold week according to the weather people.

8. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    I've been hauling a little bit this week, 2 days out of the elevator, and today beans off the farm. The bin is really slow, but it is a short walk to his house, so he provides coffee and breakfast for the first load! :biggrin_25514:

I don't forsee this winter being a very good one for us hauling grain, rates been going down, fuel going up, and a short corn crop. Since yesterday was the last somewhat warm day in the forecast, I powerwashed the drop deck, put it in the shop, and if I'm not hauling grain, going to work on painting it. So something good will happen either way, either I'll be busy hauling, or busy prepping and painting. Think I'm going to use POR 15 on the rusted parts, haven't decided on a topcoat. I used some of Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black this summer on a couple steel pieces, seems like really good paint.

9. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Hey, this sounds familiar. Hauled into Horizon Mill today and man was it slow. I was fifth truck in line and I was there for two hours. What's your fuel cost there RW or anyone else.

10. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    If it makes ya feel any better I generally sit for about 12 hours waiting to unload these days LoL.

wheathauler Thanks this.
  11. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    $3.49 here currently.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.