Hopper, Dump O/O's & Drivers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheathauler, May 31, 2009.

1. KB Grain

KB Grain Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2013
    wakeman, oh
    Beans in a few fields here in northern ohio have started to turn yellow. Saw where one dairy has started cutting silage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Guess it has been a while since I've posted. Been busy hauling wheat to make room for the fall harvest. Corn around here isn't too bad if irrigated. They are cutting some dryland corn now..no idea what it's making.

4. lucky07

lucky07 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Ottawa, ON
    Barley is off up here, last cut hay and alfalfa starting to come off, some beans are starting to turn and the corn looks half decent. Quiet for now but well be running full bore 24-7 pretty soon.

200 average or they were hitting spots at 200? If they're getting a steady 5 ton comin' through the binder good for them.

5. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    They were talking like it was averaging 200, but they were just getting started good so I couldn't say for sure how it will finish up. Lots of smiles, regardless.

6. KB Grain

KB Grain Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2013
    wakeman, oh
    They have started cutting beans in my little corner of the world I hope to get started loading out of the field in the next day or so.

d o g Thanks this.
  7. TXSilverEagle84

TXSilverEagle84 Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    PORT ARTHUR, TEXAS
    I am in Texas (Southeast area actually) and I am considering getting into pulling a hopper. I've had some direct contacts but just wanted to get some take from veterans who has been pulling hoppers for long time now.

Thanks!

8. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    SilverEagle, you'll find pleny of good advice around here. I'll defer to the more knowledgeable folks.

I do want to say that in Colorado we're STILL trying to get the silage in (the fields don't want to dry up enough and get solid).

And it's the first year I've ever seen Silage trucks, Hay trucks, and Sugar Beet trucks all running down the road at the same time.

Strange year, this year.

Rodeoman7 Thanks this.
  9. TwinStickPeterbilt

TwinStickPeterbilt Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    I love pulling a hopper. I pulled flats for years, pretty much all I've ever done really. I run hoppers local now and I love it. Only thing is, I have a pretty stout empty weight at 28,600 I can normally load 51,000 and weigh 79,520. Can't beat that for loading legal. Just try and keep it north of 900 bushel a load and you'll do pretty decent..

10. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    I have hauled mainly wheat this fall harvest. Kinda strange... elevators took to long this summer getting wheat out for fall harvest. May start hauling beans next week.

11. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    How have you been Wheat Hauler, staying busy?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.