Hot shot trailer ?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by tnpete, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Saratoga Express

Saratoga Express Bobtail Member

May 21, 2018
    Close to home
    SLEEPER.jpg mini step.jpg
    I stumbled across this old thread and thought I'd drop two pictures on here of what the conversation was headed towards. The talk of using a M/D truck and modified gooser turned into a stepdeck has been on my mind for a few years. It is slowly coming together.

tnpete, Lite bug and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    What does M/D mean? Sorry for dumb question!

4. Thouren

Thouren Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    Most of the time that'd be "Medium Duty". Think somewhere between a 1 Ton pickup and a Class 8.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  5. Natedog1200

Natedog1200 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2017
    watching this, been running a 40ft gooseneck, Big Tex, for a year now coming out of a company driver job. Goosenecks are too tall if you add a deck, some shippers require more space plus with gooseneck when I get stuck, (no freight) can only haul 2 cars realistically(3 is doable but questionable), drop deck I will be able to haul 3 with a lower center of gravity. Found a company that has spring assisted ramps from lower to upper deck that store as part of lower deck when not in use as ramps plus 12-14 ft ramps for lower and can include a subfloor center rail for detachable ball hitch for trailers which would allow me to haul 3 trailers as well. Have a 17 Ram 3500, unlimited mileage warranty for another year, looked at 4500 cab/chassis but they detune from factory so looking at taking my bed off and adding 5th wheel.

6. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Hey nate, can you give me some info on this unlimited mileage warranty you are using? What company? Have you ever had to use them? How did it go? Did you wait for the factory warranty to run out first or added it on top?

Also, can anyone tell me if a 19' 3500 chassis can handle a 4 or 5 car trailer? What would a 5 car setup gross?

7. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    What does that single axle weigh? My T600 is pushing 18K. But then again I have the 11.1 Series 60 Detroit and 10 speed. 4 fuel tanks, walk in sleeper with sofa and upper bunk. Plus metal bed on back. Figure the bed is pushing a Ton by its self.
    Hooked to the dump trailer. Hauling off an old deck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Click For Full-Size Image.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.