1. flint1760

flint1760 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Frazee, MN
    This is mainly in jest, but ,.....Engine Cooking: does anyone know where a good/safe spot on the engine is? I suppose it’s to much risk for a grease fire...I’ve wrapped hot dog in tinfoil and had great luck on the manifold but it sometimes over cooked. Although it was better than the truck stop rolling hot dogs, LOL. One of the best meals I’ve had on the road was a slow cooked tin foiled philly sandwich with peppers and onions on French bread, but it was in a car engine. Used to be a recipe book on road cooking...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    We cooked hot dogs and beans years ago going through a drive through zoo in Springfield MO area and on the car manifold. There used to be sections in here where people did have instructions on how they cooked on engines. Might try a search and see if you turn up anything.

If you don't have an inverter, have you checked into any lunch box cooking pots that plug-in to the cigarette lighter spot. What one looks like and reference for a cooking book for it, Road Pro Brand, available at truckstops. The lady says to cook up to a 3lb chicken in it, 3hrs, then turn off pot for 1/2 hr during break to let it cool down and then turn it over and cook about another 3 hrs. You can use the foil loaf bread size liners or the oven baking bags in it for easier cleanup..

I had a 1 quart sauce pan, I used when I was riding with husband years ago. It was supposed to be more of a soup or noodle pot where it had a lot more water in in. It had a hot spot in it that would burn the food, so I put an upside down old stoneware saucer in the bottom of it to help keep food off the heat.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.