Hotel during training

Discussion in 'Prime' started by freightwipper, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Do you have any clue about the dynamics of perception....Take for example you are sitting in a aluminum tube traveling at 550 knots at an altitude of 36,000 ft. a woman is pushing a cart filled with adult beverages and peanuts.....your mind tells you that everything is relative to the seat and walls and the reality created in a 3d spacial environment....

[​IMG]

How's this for a reality check....this guy is traveling at an amazing 17,000 mph or 24933.333 feet per second.
    and yet he feels like he is floating, there is no sensation of speed, except during acceleration to achieve the maximum velocity.

Ergo, the safety crap you are lead to believe is a fallacy. Driving at 75 is no different than driving a 65. The world we live in is created by perceptions....the fear you have is an illusion created by the forces of others.

Have you ever drove a truck at 85 mph and then slowed to 55? 55 feels like you're standing still until your brain adjust to the velocity of moving objects. It should be noted the the human reality is relative to time,velocity, and acceleration.
    upload_2016-7-4_10-26-45.png
    Now when we apply the rule of general relativity, Humans are bound by a constant....The speed of light. Here is fun fact...it you are traveling at 160 feet per second or 24,000 feet per second you will alway observe the light as a constant. It can not be changed.

Now the question is how fast are your reflexes?

Common sense says, top performers are generally well rested and fit for duty compared to a guy that eats too much and goofs off in truck stops watching TV when he should be resting for his next run during his sleeper berth provision. My safety is in my hands...not the guy sitting behind a desk telling me to be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sleepily

sleepily Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Somewhere, Rhode Island
    How fast are you going in the Campus Inn? Is there a faster hotel in SLC for training? Does Henderson, OS, Wil-Trans or Jim Palmer have faster hotels?

I'm not really sure on the relativity of trucks and governors to hotel accommodations, but it sounds like someone here could make a go of it.

4. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Most of those so called big dogs can't handle their speed anyways, they tailgate, and try to intimidate the four wheelers, can't hold their lane when passing, the list goes on....

redoctober83 and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Well the thread got de-Roehled Swiftly :eek:

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    They only way I can see it happening is if your friend was going to show up a week early or sth.

7. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Whiny *** troll..,

Beep

Block

8. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Why now must you resort to name calling?

We are here to have an adult debate with a meaningful purpose.

Note: I am playing by the rules....I have been a contributor since 2011. I am in good standing with the forum administration and have never been issued any warnings. I believe in the 1st Amendment to exersize my freedom of speech as long as I don't incite a riot. I also believe in the reasons for debate. Whereas, the facts are discussed to determine a result based on the argument regarding the opposing point of views. There are different opinions to the issue, some are true and some are false. What is Truth?

Do you remember the resident cheerleaders, @ironpony and @U2Exit , I do.....they wanted to control the narrative that Prime, inc as a perfect company that could do no wrong.

Where are they now? God only knows.....

The New guys want to control the Prime, Inc forum...Sorry, this is not up to them. This forum is under the direction of the mods.....and recently , there have been a lot problems in this forum that have been noted recently by the moderator Bullhaulerswife

The issues in the Prime forum HAVE to stop!!!
    bullhaulerswife
    Forum Leader/Admin

Basically, it says grow up and act like men or she will shut down the Prime Forum.

Would you guys prefer to engage in a friendly challenge of debate or take it up a notch and personally attack me for posting my opinions as a contributor to the Truckers Report Forum, sub -forum Prime.

I welcome you to come to the TruckersReport Political Section and test your debate skills.

Have a good day!

DustyRoad
    Heavy Load Member,
    Miami,FL
    upload_2016-7-5_11-34-53.png

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.