How about a dump truck sub-forum?

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Voyager1968, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Judging by the fact that there are only three threads here pertaining to trash hauling, could we add or change this one over to dump trucking. I would think that there are more coal, stone, and grain dump/walking floor/live floor drivers then there are just trash haulers. It seems a little restrictive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I've wondered why this thread wasn't made a forum here . http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/ask-an-owner-operator/80808-hopper-dump-o-os-and-drivers.html

4. lobes1985

lobes1985 Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Wappingers Falls, NY
    I would like to see that myself. I am biased though being that I run a bucket.:biggrin_2559:

5. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Agreed, the garbage truck forum is very small, and it's not clear yet whether it will get the traction it needs to be worth keeping.

I'd be fine with renaming the garbage truck forum to include dump trucks, but do you feel that dump trucks are a better fit to this forum or to the Tankers/Bulk forum? Also, I'm not sure about adding hoppers to this forum, I thought they were generally considered a specialization of Bulk?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    I think "dump" truck is very generic. Several types of trailers dump their loads in different ways. End-dumps, of course raise, just like the 10-wheelers to dump, walking floors dump using a conveyor system, belly-dumps by opening the bottom much like hopper-bottoms. Then you have side-dumps, that tip sideways.

All have one thing in common, they all haul bulk material. Rock, sand, salt, dirt, grains, fly-ash, haydite, ect...

I think the bulk forum really fits them better.

Voyager1968 and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I've thought about buying a dump truck before is there any money in it ?

8. gravelhauler

gravelhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    I once saw a driver "side dump" with an end dump. He was very talented.

9. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Was there a ditch involved? :biggrin_25523:

10. gravelhauler

gravelhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    No ma'am. The genious decided it was ok to dump with the left tires up on limestone and the right tires on the dirt. :biggrin_25513::biggrin_2555:

11. GOV'T_Trucker

GOV'T_Trucker Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2011

I agree... I use both a end dump trailer and a walking floor trailer depending on the material I am hauling.... They both are "dumping" loads just in different ways... I would agree that we are all hauling "bulk" material....

In the walking floor trailer I haul recycling and yard waste.. In the end dump I haul food waste... It's all in bulk form...

So if the forum is going to be changed... Then I would suggest something along the lines of "Self Unloading Dump Trailers".. Garbage forum is to specific and I don't think we have enough members who haul garbage type of material.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.