How about profiles for different trucks?

Discussion in 'HAMMER: Truck Optimized GPS App | Support Forum' started by JPenn, Feb 6, 2020.

1. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    How hard would it be to implement different profiles for truck settings? I guess like adding your own templates to the preset "Tractor Trailer", "Bobtail", "Straight Box Truck"... The only app I've seen the functionality to add and name your own custom presets was the old and no longer available Copilot Truck app.

Bridgette HAMMER Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bridgette HAMMER

Bridgette HAMMER HAMMER Support HAMMER Support

Jan 14, 2020
    Hey @JPenn , that's a great suggestion! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will definitely submit this to our development team to look into. I know right now you can set up your own preset , but to fully customize is a great idea.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Don't forget custom heavy haul large size etc.

I am old time paper planning myself but can see a value in developer engineering to accomodate many situations.

5. Bridgette HAMMER

Jan 14, 2020
    Hey @x1Heavy , we definitely will submit the suggestion for all types of truck and full customization. I have escalated this suggestion to our development team and they will address it as soon as possible. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

Dieselboss and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Needs to be able to program truck settings.
    Height, weight, axle weight, length, etc.
    And should know what streets are restricted to settings.

Hazmat routing also.

7. Bridgette HAMMER

Jan 14, 2020

Hey @snowwy , We do offer the option to set up your truck preset and get customized routing. Go to Menu > Settings > Tractor-Trailer. From this screen you can select hazmat loads and set up your height, weight, axle weight, and length. Please let me know if you are experiencing any issues with this. I will say we are working on a new update to improve this part of the app as well. We are very excited about the improvements. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

snowwy Thanks this.
  8. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Here is an idea. In the profiles for different trucks, how about something where the trucks top governed speed can be entered to help make a more accurate ETA? Prime at 62 will have a far different ETA than I will at 70 on a 900 mile trip. Most of them just take the speed limit into account. But if you can't go that fast it's wrong, just like it is with google with my old company. My truck couldn't go the speed limit so no way can I get there when it says the ETA is. It could also take into account how many red lights are along a route and a trucks inability to accelerate like a Corvette at each one.

9. WIlee81

WIlee81 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2019
    SE Louisiana
    I usually just plan on a 50 mph average. makes it really easy to figure out. Take 1% of the mileage you have to go, double the result and add one hour to account for frequent stopping and traffic snarls. So if you had to do 400 miles, 1% would be 4, double that to 8, then add 1 to make it 9 hours travel time.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If you want a accurate eta. You have to program all the different road speeds. No just one average.

11. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    That's actually pretty accurate, at least for the Northeast. Nice little algorithm...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.