How are Brokers NOT to blame?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by rch10007, Oct 14, 2022.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Best industry to be in right now is the oil industry think of how its lining their pockets due to a certain leader in an Eastern European nation going to war against the Ukraine if you think $5 a gallon is bad some other countries are paying a lot more for it, we are currently paying around $1.80 per litre in Australia or about $6.00 US per gallon. Just wish this war would end and the world can return to normal unfortunately to many people stand to gain financially from wars it's just the way the world functions right now. :cool:

gentleroger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    This war is what happens when the people in power want to spend your money without asking you for it. They just declare an emergency, appeal to your behaviorally conditioned patriotism, and start printing money to leverage more debt. All the while, folks can’t pay attention to anything longer than a 15 second tik tok, which is ironically part of your conditioning.

I think we can see in this thread what leads humanity to such conclusions.

RJM1953 Thanks this.
  4. Trevor 57

Trevor 57 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2021
    Victoria Australia
    you need to factor in the Aussie v USA $ exchange factor - we are paying similar to the US, in real terms

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  5. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Sexchange factor? I dont like the sound of that...is that what our diesel taxes are going towards?

JoeyJunk, Magoo1968, Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Trevor 57

Trevor 57 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2021
    Victoria Australia
    ahhh, a small typo lol

Oxbow Thanks this.
  7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    :p
    way late to the party. @MartinFromBC said he'd let you buy him lunch I'd 2nd that. I'm hungry:p

8. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    Is this purely hypothetical or are the hippies allowing someone to cut trees still? There are only so many places near the friendly city that you can get that far back on dirt... I'm interested to hear a clue as to where the pickup is.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    It's on private ground on the west slope of the Sierra Nevada. Part of the ground is in Plumas County and part is in Butte County. Also, there are plenty of places where you can leave the pavement in the morning and drive on dirt all day and never see another solitary soul if you know your way around and have a few gate keys..

10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

If you have tacos, I'm there. Even if no work. Just provide tacos. I don't think the BP will let me bring tacos in to Canada.

As one who has had his posts pulled, I'd have to agree with @MartinFromBC .

I can neither confirm or deny this. Doing so either way could put my membership in jeopardy in the 3 cliques I'm a member of.

The clique I belong to, you get tacos. Oh, and a sticker. of a taco. And if there was a secret decoder ring, it'd be shaped like a taco. Not that there is such a thing....there is no secret cabal of clique status that includes taco pins, or decoder rings.
    [​IMG]

You know better than to discuss these things in public.

Can I trade you a taco for a bowl of popcorn? I didn't bring any snacks, just tacos.

I'm going to leave this trophy here for anyone who'd like it.
    [​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - Never leave home without it!
    [​IMG]

11. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Another fan boy.

RJM1953 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.