How are crates full of new Harley-Davidsons typically unloaded?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TomCougar, Oct 19, 2019.

1. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    That's an average of 54.17 bikes per day assuming they are open six days a week and there are no dealership holidays during that two-week stretch. "Sold" could also mean "paid for" though many of the bikes weren't yet delivered in person. Many might be special orders. That averages to 6.77 bikes sold per hour assuming the shop is open a hours a normal business day or an average of one bike sold every nine minutes!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    HaHa, that should have been potted plants. lol

4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Do you know what the Sturgis Rally is?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I know enough to know they would not have any trouble unloading trucks, pallet jacks or not. lol

6. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    Let me guess. A bunch of folks on Harley-Davidsons ride in to a place called Sturgis, South Dakota near the Black Hills National Forest? Close?

7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Not quite....
    It's the mother of all motorcycle rally's.
    Close to a million people have attended certain rally's. With their bikes.
    Black Hills HD has got to be the number one dealer in the country.
    It's ridiculous.
    The Hills are a very special place. Deadwood just down the road from Sturgis. We're getting all kinds of rallies now. I like the expensive sports car one.

The T-shirt Police are after me. I've never worn a T-shirt that said; Rally, Sturgis, or Harley Davidson on it.

8. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I liked the t shirt I saw that read, if harleys had 4 doors, sturgis would be a family event. lol

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, growing up in Milwaukee, naturally, I'm glad to hear about the sale of Harley's at Sturgis, but, that's just one event per year and the rest of the time, these dealers are like the Maytag repair guy, not much happens. Just about every person today with a Harley probably won't buy another, they have theirs and unless something radical is done for those folks to upgrade, that's just not enough sales to keep the line moving. Layoffs in KC, empty engine plant in Milwaukee, and the Pa. plant struggling, sorry, and being a huge Harley fan, it doesn't look good for Harley.

FlaSwampRat and not4hire Thank this.
  10. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I don't follow the motorcycle industry much, but I understand Harley is in the electric bike market now. If they can produce a solid electric motorcycle, that will be an entirely new market to grow in.

11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Because in a few years they're required by law to have I want to say it's 25% of all dealer stock electric, I say that's a demographic that wouldn't buy a Harley anyway but what do I know.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.