How bout them E-Logs.....Anyone, Anyone...Bueller....Bueller

Discussion in 'Knight' started by flash8515, May 5, 2010.

1. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Yeah, that happens to me all the time, too.

I've basically given up, even if you do finally get your elogs straight, you have all those "E"s (edits) showing-same as if your paper log had numerous "scratch outs", "white outs", etc. Terrible, terrible software.

My thought is that they will have to get a better version of this, the DOT is going to crucify them, eventually.

I only hope that all these "system glitch" violations don't go on my, and everyone else's, CVSA2010 records.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    They have to accept the logs, as you can not do an electronic inspection report yet, and that won't go into testing until after the, well, today LOL!

4. tracyq144

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    I've been on and off elogs 4 0r 5 times since last post. In the shop 4 or 5 times for QC repair in the same period.

Still no fix. A couple of times, besides the normal "automatically going to line 4", it also put me on line 3 when I was in the sleeper, and the truck never moved! And, of course, a driver cannot edit line 3.

I was in Phoenix, and asked the dedicated QC tech how many trucks were having problems, he said around 40%. :biggrin_25510:

5. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Sounds like Knight is setting themelves up for a big fall, as in $$$ penalties next audit! [not too mention their drivers taking it in the shorts by the DOT while on the road]

6. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    They have brand new trucks with QC issues right from the get go. Knight has to stop hiring Walmart greeters as techs.

OverDrive and truckerdave1970 Thank this.
  7. tracyq144

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    From what I've been hearing (take it with a grain of salt), it's not the techs, it's the "penny-pinching" thing, again. Trying to force the cheapest software into old hardware.

I don't really doubt they'll get it straightened out eventually (they'll have to), but what happens in the meantime, well...

On another note, would someone please change the "14 hour" rule? :biggrin_25510:

8. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    WHY?
    Why is it That the only solution that drivers can come up with to make more $$$ is to work harder, longer, or faster?
    Here's a novel concept I bet not too many drivers have considered.

WORK SMARTER!!!

Don't accept garbage freight and don't work for slave wages!!! The pay problem has nothing to do with the rules, it is the drivers that allow companies like Knight to pay crappy wages and then complain that the rules need to be less strict. If you were paid what you deserve, you wouldn't care about HOS regulations because you would never violate them! You wouldn't need to!!!

9. tracyq144

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    You misunderstood me. Ditching the 14 hour rule WOULD let me work smarter. Drive through big city rush hour, or take a 4 hour nap short of the city, and drive through it AFTER the rush is over? Find a nice, QUIET spot to get some sleep, or push on till my hours are up, and end up with the only spot left to park being between two reefers with ice cream loads (reefers running at Mach 10)?

Knight must have REALLY screwed you over, huh? :biggrin_2556:

10. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I see your point. And yes, Knight really dis screw me over, but I allowed them to get away with it. I only have myself to blame, I was warned and chose to work for them anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.