How can I help verify driving history?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by StealthyServal, Oct 1, 2020.

1. StealthyServal

StealthyServal Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2020
    Ellisville, MS
    I'd like to clarify, they will still hire me without experience but I'll have to start all over again. And the reduced pay is not sustainable for me to do training for 4-5 weeks, which is why I'm trying to get everything verified

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Check old logs or inspection reports, or repair requests. These will show individual identification numbers for the tractor and the trailer - establishing a class A unit.

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    OK, it's not a part 391 issue then. Still, you are at a crossroads. As I said, get all your information in one place and give it to them. Then make a decision based on what they do. Pepsi should not be doing this. But in the end you can't control Pepsi.

5. StealthyServal

Apr 4, 2020
    Ellisville, MS
    Yeah that's another dead end for me. Since I'm no longer employed by Pepsi I'm out of all systems to access logs and repair requests. I was never inspected, unless you're referencing pretrip/posttrip which was all done in the same system I can't access anymore.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you may have to request it in writing that they release any information about you, and sign it. put down your employee number if you can recall it. include a photo copy of your CDL.

other wise you do have 2 options...

1) go to a different company

2) go to a different company

7. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    You’re apparently asking the wrong people. If company policy doesn’t let them discuss the specifics of your work, there is probably someone who IS allowed. Call Pepsi’s personnel department and explain the problem and see if they can help.

8. StealthyServal

Apr 4, 2020
    Ellisville, MS
    Yeah that was my first thought was to get ahold of HR. Tried calling and emailing and no response. Company also said they can't get ahold of them.

9. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I am immediately heading over to MVD in Arizona and having my Class A CDL upgraded to a Class GEOBOX! /sarc :D:po_O

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Never trust any company you work for. That's another reason I never say, "I want the company to know me by my name and not just a number."
    Company office people can be friendly at the window, but when you walk away, they make fun of drivers and couldn't care less about them.
    Protect yourself and never reveal anything voluntarily. Safety is not your friend; those people have to justify getting a paycheck, so they need to sacrifice a driver every now and then to keep their job.

11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Another reason to keep copies of your logs. I would tell them I want copies of my recent logs and raise hell until I get them. Start calling and emailing corporate. Search LinkedIn for some corporate execs and email them with you problem.

Speed_Drums and SmallPackage Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.