How casual?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Buffalonytrucker92, Jun 5, 2020.

1. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    That could be the case but maybe not, it took me little over a year and about 4 applications to finally get a interview with them and then I got hired, since then , two of the three drivers that were hired in front of me have been fired., which moved me up.

Buffalonytrucker92 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nmill

nmill Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Why did they get fired? I want the juicy details. Also I work at yrc and I'm lucky bc it's a small terminal and all they guys have a bunch of vacation time from working there so long so I fill in on all the routes- makes for good variety instead of the same route all the time. But every terminal is different

USMC 3531 Thanks this.
  4. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Understand that I don't have anything against YRC, I think it's a travesty as far as what's happened to that company, and I feel bad for the employees because they are the ones that have been paying the price for it, outside looking in it just doesn't seem like a stable place to work, hope I am wrong though and that its working for you, I don't want to get into details on what happened to those guys, I wasn't thrilled about moving up that way being that both of them were good guys and I got along with them, still talk to them actually, but basically it was over the cameras and the cell phone policy, safety and management will only give you so many warnings before they do the inevitable.

Texas_hwy_287 and jmz Thank this.
  5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Casual is way for the Teamsters to charge dues and have no contractual benefits plan , I did this and in the end I got nothing from the Nuke Plant , there excuse from the BA was they were losing there contract , Local 7 Kalamazoo Mi.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. nmill

nmill Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    They definitely do a lot of stuff ### backwards sometimes regarding logistics and other things but I for sure love not having an inward facing camera, not that I'm doing anything I shouldn't be. This is probably the only local company I'd want to work for and if they go belly up I'd have no problem going otr bc this is a really laid back terminal ( most of the time)

7. Jake Brake 15

Jake Brake 15 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Ohio
    Pay currently at YRC is 0.59625 or $23.76 for Line Haul. FYI

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.