How-dee from Denver!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by TomCougar, Sep 4, 2019.

1. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    A 50+ bachelor here needs to get out to see America and make some loot to boot!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I wouldn't drive a truck in this here state, a tour bus maybe,,,,,see the sites, cushy ride, good pay, and who knows, with all those passengers, you may even get lucky,;)

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Welcome from a fellow Coloradan. I would also consider getting your P endorsement for passenger buses. There's always a demand around here to drive tour buses and you get to see some beautiful country at a slower pace.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

FlaSwampRat and 201 Thank this.
  5. DnvrDriver

DnvrDriver Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Hello there. I just started to check out getting a passenger endorsement today and figured this looked like a good place to do a little research. I've got a CDL A with tanker and Hazmat but it could come in handy from time to time to have one guy on the crew that can drive the crew bus. What do I have to do to get a P endorsement? Take the written test then borrow a bus and do a driving test? I was looking at scheduling online and I can't tell if those appointments they have available are for only a regular driver license or what. I suppose I have to give them a call or make an appointment when I go take my written. Any advice? Is there a cheap school in the area that does it all in one convenient shot?

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Like I say, these days, I'd definitely go the bus route. They are cancelling routes left and right in central Co. because they just cant get drivers. Pay is about the same as a truck driver, some nice coaches too, not some beater Volvo with 878K miles. When I took my P endorsement in Wis. I went to a school bus outfit that conducted those tests, for a fee, of course. Years ago, bus driver was a tense job. You were responsible for 43 lives, and no connection to the outside world. Today, with cell phones, much of that is gone. AND,,you have the respect of almost everyone, not just "another truck driver".

7. LyonsSmallFarm

LyonsSmallFarm Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Front Range of Colorado
    I went to CDL College in Denver for my Class A but they had buses to test in and were open to folks doing classes and tests on-demand. You can't book a test through the Colorado DMV for a commercial road test. You'll have to go the DMV for the computerized test for the endorsement first though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.