how do i start??

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by rosalina, Mar 28, 2007.

1. rosalina

rosalina Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2007
    the stress of the inner city kids is crazy and the elementary school does not back up the driver. the teaachersa and principle and esoeially parents wills ay that I a just a bus driver, i think that a bus driver is one of the most impirtant jobs because we carry live cardo 180 days a year safely and accident free. i have had over 500 + hours of safety meeting, training and suc for abig bus. and even more for the handicap buses.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mike4104tx

mike4104tx Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    My wife drives for a suburban area, and it is basicly the same. They expect a bus driver to baby sit and drive a 72 passenger bus around in traffic. The way the kids act these days... something has got to give. I have heard of bus drivers smacking kids and going to jail. On the surface, it made me mad that they hit someone else's kid, but after the stories my wife has told me, it don't suprise me. Kids spitting on her, throwing things at her while driving, gropping her. It's not good enough for her to report it, if it isn't caught on the camera, it's like it didn't happen. She has quit three times in the last four years because of the BS she deals with. My son graduates in two months... my daughter in two years. I am going to try to get her to change jobs this summer...

I know you will do fine. Good luck to you Rosalina.

4. flitterby

flitterby Light Load Member

I drove schoolbus for a while....I hauled high school kids and they were not too bad. As a driver we did not have very much power when it came to correcting the kids. I do not condone hitting kids to correct them. I do believe that you should be able to tell them to sit down or behave. Now you cannot tell them that, you must submit the bad behavior to the office and they take care of the problem. By correcting a child in front of others you could humiliate the child thereby lowering their self esteem and making more problems for them..... What a Load of Crap. I can remember getting yelled at as a child and I stopped the bad behavior. Kids are so spoiled it isn't even funny. Do parents and authority really believe that this is the way kids should be treated...OMG!:biggrin_25512:

5. mike4104tx

mike4104tx Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I don't think hitting a child is a way to correct them either. I just understand how a driver could "snap" and pop one after months of abuse with no action from the office. The person driving has a family to support and these kids that lack parental guidance are making thier life miserable.

If they had public canings of the parents of the kids that act like that... it may have an impact on how these kids act. I wouldn't want to too see a child get spanked or thier feelings hurt. Maybe hit the parents with a fine too.

We put our kids in a private school after my wife drove the bus for the high school. It has put a financial strain on us, but it is worth it. There are consequences to the kids bad behavior at that school.

The schools started going down hill when they took Prayer out of the school.

6. rosalina

Mar 28, 2007
    Wow, you really spent a lot of time picking apart my vocabulary and over using parentheticals, you must be really angry.

7. rosalina

Mar 28, 2007
    yep, while youa re driving, you do get hit with things while driving. spit at, spit balls. I agre that the correcting of the kids is best left up tot he mom and dad, it how they raise them, thats how they will act. The schools do not support you at all. but don't hit them.

8. Joethemechanic

Joethemechanic Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Phila Pa
    Why do all you guys want to go "over the road"???? OTR sucks it dosen't pay well at all. If I was new and had a CDL B, I would get a job driving a dump truck, a concrete mixer, or a roll-off container truck. The pay is decent, you get paid by the hour for all your hours, and if you hook up with the right company you will get in a union (probably Teamsters) and enjoy hourly pay and a good health benifit plan.

9. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Please change post to ----- slapping kids for a living....the ins and outs

10. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    why thank you..............i "try my best"..........(most times)..............:biggrin_25525:

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    Speak for yourself and not others. My next check is FOr $3800, it was supposed to be $4500 but I got cheated out of my second west coast run. I'm a company driver too. You can keep your union. SHow me a concrete mixer that will make that and I'l sign on tomarrow

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.