How do we change things, not just "fix" them industry wide?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by mikamikael, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Florescent-android92

Florescent-android92 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2021
    Oversaturated labour force coupled with rising cost of living only spells out one thing - immigration is a net positive on our nation and anyone who says otherwise is a racist mother####er.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    The "oversaturated workforce" is the cause of all the carnage on our highways. There were not daily semis flopping over on the 400 series highways 30 years ago. The industry has been dragged down my low rent immigrants who don't give a pinch about doing a good job,,all they try to do is get from point A to point B and many with disastrous results. Trucking is a simple mindless job,,all you got to do is pay attention.

4. Florescent-android92

Florescent-android92 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2021
    As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for. There was a point not too long ago where anyone with half a clue looked at driver income and compared it to a mortgage where they lived and immediately decided to just finish their schooling and put the thought to bed. So what's left exactly? Old school drivers who paid their houses off back on the 90s, and the usual suspects for whom apparently the bar could be even lower. Idk. Interesting times.

5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Original poster, I like your style and passion for this topic. I’m with you all the way across the board on these Ongoing, seemingly never ending problems. But here’s my take on it. You bring in such a broad scope of scenarios, one hast to bring the whole big picture in as well. My personal belief is the powers that be, the elite, if you will, have plans for us. And those plans are not good. I think the entire world is about to go through some unmentionable things over the next decade. And the walls of the trucking industry will be the least of their worries. Or shall I say evil deeds. I think in 10 years from now this country will be very community-based. Meaning you will get along and work within your own small community and going outside this will be a rarity. That’s just my gut feeling. Change is coming, as a whole.

6. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Hunger Games?
    The Canadian League.
    The American League.
    All of us fighting for scraps.

7. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    If your paying $1400 for a steer tire you need to look for a new tire supplier.

8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    On Road Repair is a real scam I tell ya. ($1400 for the tire, $500 to change, 16 ply Michelin 22.5) The retail on that tire is around $1200-$1400 if you don't have some kind of national account or discount.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  9. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    My neighbors kid was wanting to be a driver .
    I advised him against it but he went to the local community college CDL class and took his time looking for companies to work for and found one that only hires natural born citizens and does a extensive background check on the driver , the drivers parents and siblings and in laws if they are married, they require spotless credit , criminal and driving records. And if your parents or siblings have been arrested etc , you Probabaly won’t get hired.
    Finding a company like that is the only way to not have to compete with the endless immigrants who are willing to work for half price of what you will

10. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    I really think this is more aimed at Canadian lane otr van. Other sectors you can make killer money like ltl, tanker, oversized.

11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Still lots of money in driving if you're willing to do more than the bare minimum. Dryvan seems to be the bottom of the barrel in Canada.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.