How do you connect to the internet??

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Gisquid, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Gisquid

Gisquid Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Fort Carson, CO
    I have been viewing alot of folks on youtube sharing there experiences on the road!! I was curious how they or you are connecting to the internet?? I was also wondering what everyone is using up in North Dakota??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crossroads924

Crossroads924 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Dallas TX
    Hello you might try a wireless network card I use a USB stick from Clear.com and I pay $59.00 a month unlimited

Gisquid Thanks this.
  4. Crossroads924

Crossroads924 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Dallas TX
  5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I've been using a Veri+n Mdfi for 3 years and the only place I haven't been avle to get a signal was iN Steele , MO on i-55 m
    When my wife and I were on vacation driving from KY to MA whoever wasn't driving could stay online while riding.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Gisquid Thanks this.
  6. HARMONFREIGHT

HARMONFREIGHT Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2012
    I have a data plan from AT&T FOR 25.00 a month flat rate no contract. I have an iPad.

Gisquid Thanks this.
  7. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    4g LTE MiFi from Verizon. Internet hotspot in the truck. Kinda expensive but very much worth it.

Gisquid Thanks this.
  8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    we have the same thing but the older 3g $59 a month and we still have the unlimited data plan

Gisquid Thanks this.
  9. Gisquid

Aug 1, 2011
    Fort Carson, CO
    For everyone using 4g LTE Mifi... Do you have to pay for going over?? I was thinking that 10g was going to be enough but I am not sure?? The quote I just got was $80 per month from Verizon.

10. Razororange

Razororange Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    I use FoxFi on my Android Phone. I usually stop in areas that have 4G but if I do end up outside a 4G area the internet is still acceptably fast. Webpages with lots of pictures can take a while to load, but I can still play some online games.

In 4G areas the internet is faster than my Cable internet at home.

I have the old 29.99 a month Unlimited plan. I've had some months where I'll use about 10-15Gb of data and others where I've hit 50GB+ Depends on how much netflix or online movie rentals I watch. For just browsing the web and facebook a 5-10Gb connection will work. Just have to not look at quite as many pictures. Pictures and Video will add up fast.

With the FoxFi WiFi tethering I can hook up my laptop and Xbox at the same time. I'm playing CoD:MW3 while writing this post.

Gisquid Thanks this.
  11. Gisquid

Aug 1, 2011
    Fort Carson, CO
    Now that is AWSOME!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.