How do you find drivers?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by scoobertdoo, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Moronica

Moronica Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2020
    Let me guess - 1099 , 40 cents a mile , 500k mile truck , 4 weeks otr , minimum or no benefits ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    2k a week w2, manual transmission 2016 areo Pete. 18" thick mattress. Leather. Bonuses. Reefer. It's perfect for someone who doesn't want to be a number at a mega and wants to drive a truck without all the nanny ####. East of Mississippi river.

D.Tibbitt, Lonesome and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  4. Moronica

Moronica Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2020
    Try posting that exact description on Craigslist . Maybe even include a picture or 2 so the ad will actually connect with people better

Pamela1990 and scoobertdoo Thank this.
  5. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    40 cents? Wow sign me up

W2, 2k a week minimum, bonuses, hey, it is a 500k truck, but what's wrong with that?

6. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    All of the fleet’s I’ve seen with the best drivers were either asked to join the company by the owner or a current employee. Or the equipment attracted the drivers

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Sounds great, I don’t go west of the Mississippi, so should be perfect. I want it to go at least 75mph. I want 48 hrs home every week. I don’t go to the North East including PA. I got only 1 crash but it was 3 yrs ago and only 1 warning for 15 plus in a construction. What’s your rider policy? I have a dog and also an ol lady. As long as she’s in the truck then life is good. If not then she calls me constantly. I don’t do tanker endorsement or haz. Reefer I don’t like, dry van is ok. I’m on a 90 day physical but it’s because the doctor hates me, it’s not me, it’s him. I will need an inverter first my cpap. I won’t tell you but I’m 2 weeks you’ll get a notice about all my garnishments. When do I start? Oh, and I’ve bounced from company to company because they just don’t appreciate my talents. They micro manage me. It’s like they feel like I’m showing up to work late unless I start after my 10. What’evs.

I also want at least 3000 miles per week but with fueling and pee breaks plus needed sleep, I can only drive 500 miles per day. I also have been an owner op 2 different times so I know exactly what it takes to be successful. I’ll definitely let you known if your not running your business correctly because I have so much experience. If it wasn’t for the bank I’d have a fleet right now but it’s tough when your small because all the big boys have everything wrapped up and crap on us little guys.

Edit: Guys/Gals this is sarcasm. If you read this and are nodding your head then you better own your own company as you suck as a company driver and are more trouble then it’s worth.. Flame away I don’t care.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    jason6541, dztruck, willisl64 and 7 others Thank this.
  8. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    Im no mega so it is what it is.
    $10-$500 deductible with max $1800 out of pocket per year.

2CF7C5EE-4C58-42ED-9F86-2F43D81C0EDF.png

9. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    How much do you pay per employee per week towards their health care?

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Ya, that's what I wanted to know. He must have misunderstood me.

11. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    But if I remember correctly you work in the oil fields and you expanded at a time when it was so lucrative that you had the money to do that. And I'm sure there were plenty of drivers that wanted to get a job earning that kind of money and work those kinds of hours.

I'm not knocking what you've done at all, I'm just saying it's a little different comparison from running loadboard freight or starting a dump truck company from scratch.

If you figure workman's comp, disability, full medical benefits, matching 401K, paid vacation, overtime after 40 hours, safety bonuses... The cost on top of the wage I'm sure significantly goes up.

I don't think that most people that are just adding a truck for the 1st time do that, Mostly because of the expense.

And I doubt that they do all that with a shiny brand new truck like the guy down the street that has 20 of them.

But once you get over the hump...

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.