How do you find mobile mechanics

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mobile tech, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Mobile tech

Mobile tech Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2018
    Title says it all I'm currently a mobile tech for a company and a part time driver for another I want to branch out on my own I have everything I need except for customers. So what I was wondering is when you brake down away from home how do you find a mechanic and avoid a tow bill

Lepton1, BillStep and Just passing by Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I just go on Google maps and search around my location.

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Get listed on google somehow, so when I type in diesel mechanic your name shows up for the area I am searching. Have your information such as what trucks you fix and what engines and that you are mobile. I pass over anything that isn't directly what I want because it's often a car dealer, or auto repair only, never what I need. A simple name something like "Mike's independent heavy truck and trailer mobile repair" is what I look for.

You can also talk to customers now and ask if they would hire you if you go out on your own. Don't do this until you are ready to do it because you may be in hot water with current employer which could result in being fired and your timetable shifting forwards faster than you want it to. I am thinking you may have customers that keep their trucks at home or a yard and you can do the routine maintenance and repairs there, to supplement the emergency breakdown side of your business. Good luck to you, should you decide to pull the trigger.

5. Mobile tech

Nov 18, 2018
    Thank you for your insights I am listed on Google maps and used the word mobile in my name I am calling it <advertising removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2018
    Reason for edit: Advertising
    Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    What’s your 20, hand?

If you are fair and honest, you will quickly get covered up. Tell me your location. I may know an owner operator or two. And when you get work, be sure to have them give you reviews.

7. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Yea where are ya!? Do you like old school too?

8. Mobile tech

Nov 18, 2018
    I am in southern Colorado along 1 25 I will run scale house at monument to the new Mexico border scale house

9. Mobile tech

Nov 18, 2018
    I'm familiar with engines all the way back to the silver bullet and transmissions with more than one stick

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  10. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    www.nttsbreakdown.com.
    Just drive around town in the weekend and leave your business card on windshields of parked trucks.
    Reasonable rate and good work is all you need to get known quickly

11. Mobile tech

Nov 18, 2018
    Thank you I am well known in town but to keep the peace I'm trying not to poach and being that I'm not trying to get rich just make a more reasonable living I'm mostly looking at otr as customer base and I believe in quality an fair pricing I also want to offer owner operator discount

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.