How Does a Florida Weigh Station Work?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by passport220, Sep 11, 2018.

1. passport220

passport220 Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Des Moines, IA
    Good general information, not just for Fla.
    First fifteen minutes is mostly all you need, can watch the rest if interested.

speedyk and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thank you for the video. Many scales do one of two things, in motion (My favorite) and platform. There is usually a preweigh strip at the beginning that tries to get something off you to screen to the platform if need be.

Im going to pick on Maryland's New Market Scales a little bit on 70. One morning they worked as a training class. With me the object of lawbreaking, overweight and so on in the bright lights as a featured attraction. One big bear with hat and baton pointing everything front to back as 20 trainees crowded the big bay window. It's 4 am and Im sitting there at 80000 with a truck and trailer legally rated for only 77400 something. They took a few minutes extra to point out my sins on that rig.

I had visions of 20 trainees conducting a red light inspection of me, cab, papers, load, trailer and was pretty much beginning to mentally decide how best to get out of trucking if that was to happen. Thankfully that circus was not called by the bandleader.

passport220 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Don't you just love the sweat and tears of scales.

passport220 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.