How does CRST match-up compatable team drivers?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Steampunk, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Steampunk

Steampunk Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Okay... I think I'm done with this forum for awhile. It's really a shame how no matter what I post on here, there's always several whining crybabies trying to discourage me (and other wannabe posters). I'm going to go get my CDL. Hopefully I'll make it through my 8 months without having a nervous breakdown or something. Then I will find work locally. Good luck to all of you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Don't let the door hit ya goin out. But before you go, maybe you need to stop and think for a minute about WHAT is posted. That is if you have any thinking capability.
    Nobody is trying to discourage you from getting your CDL. The active discouragement comes when you talk about CRST.

Now with that said, if you are worried about having a nervous breakdown, it might be well to avoid it AND avoid getting your CDL. Because this IS a high stress job, at least in a lot of cases. So if you can't handle it, then go do something else.

pattyj Thanks this.
  4. Steampunk

Steampunk Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Yes, you, and your words are a shining example of what I'm talking about. WAY too many trolls on here.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You won't make it in this industry sorry to say.Why you ask because you take things too personal.Are we suppose to lie and say this is the perfect carreer choice you'll ever make.I know what you were like after my first post.You don't accept advice too well do you?Im going to skim back on this thread to see how amny whining cry babies there are.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Ok just read every post and didn't see one whineing cry baby.They've been in this industry for awile,me 10 yrs so believe it or not we all know a thing or two about trk driving and companies.Maybe you'll receive better advice from someone fresh out of school.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  7. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    You apparently don't know the meaning of a troll. If you did it would point far more to YOU, as the poster, than any of us, as responders.

You initially asked about teams and how CRST (ugh, sorry, just my true feelings from actual company discussion & research) will insure that each team member is compatibly "matched". CRST is strictly an employer to get work done (hauling freight or whatever). Honestly, other than possibly smoking/non-smoking, they don't give a fuzzy rat's ### what any driver's music preference is, or what type of farm animal that driver prefers to make love to. You are there, whether team or solo, to WORK. THAT is trucking, and being a driver!

paul_4lp and Safari Joe Thank this.
  8. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Swift would make I much better choice in your area

i have know too many ex-CRST co drivers that were mile starved out of there 8 month contract
    ever thing will seem rosy until you get to 6 months then he said the miles dropped to under 2000 a week ...some times sitting 2-3 days for a new load ... you do the math as you split the miles with your team mate ...making no $$$ is fine ...but when your broke & hungry ...and your check is $300 before taxes ... Your gonna wish you had listened to some of the "Trolls" that tried to warn you about CRST!

if you want to be trained & run local give Conway freight in Orlando a call ...12 week free training program or consider moving out of state to a area which is hiring

9. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    I worked for CRST for a year and a half. Nothing wrong with going there.

10. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ
    I'm still considered fresh out of school, only 2 months. So let me volunteer to be the person fresh out of school to give him advice and see if he takes it better: All these people in this thread know what they're talking about, I know this from experience. Listen to them.

11. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I agree. Become the best truck driver that you can become and drive SOLO. With all the regulations and stresses that are out there, the last thing you need is a team driver inside the truck with you making your life an absolute living hell, should you get matched up with the wrong type of person.

I have worked in various jobs in which a single individual or a group of people can literally cause you to "have a nervous breakdown" or possibly drive you to near suicide, (forgive me for being so blunt). You are better off being SOLO to better handle the stresses vs. compounding the stresses with a team driver that is a total mismatch for you.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.