How does home time with Boyd work?

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by Pandemic, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Pandemic

Pandemic Bobtail Member

May 6, 2014
    Can anyone tell me how home time with Boyd works? Can I take it in 2 different areas? Also, is there much freight around the Chicago area? Thanks for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    I'm not sure about taking home time in 2 areas but I can say that my bf has been in the Chicago area many times although he mostly runs between ky, ks, tx, and al. I know that Boyd has a drop yard there though.

roadawg86 and Pandemic Thank this.
  4. Pandemic

Pandemic Bobtail Member

May 6, 2014
    Thanks Drivers girl.

Does anyone else know about how home time works with Boyd? I'd really appreciate it.

Drivers girl Thanks this.
  5. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Boyd offers home time? I thought you gave up ypur family, home, and immortal soul when you signed up...

Note, the above comment is a joke (JOKE: a story or phrase used to entertain in an amusing fashion), and not intended to cause any current, previous, or future Boyd Brothers drivers to get their knickers in a twist. Not that this disclaimer will stop them from doing so. So have at it!

6. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Chicago(chicagoland area) is a great place for flatbed

7. flatpete77

flatpete77 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Boyd gives drivers great home time, if you live in Alabama. Anywhere else; good luck.

8. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    Have had great hometime in KY with them.

9. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    When I was with Boyd I was getting home every other weekend. I live just north of Milwaukee.... In 2 years with them, I was only out for 3 weeks twice and I was broken down both times. I know the regional fleets can get home almost every weekend guaranteed. as for Chicago freight, there is plenty of it. there are at least 6 places I'd pick up around there for Boyd. If you live around there, you could be able to get on their Midwestern fleet. That's what I wanted but couldn't because of living in Wisconsin.

10. kelmonkey79

kelmonkey79 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2015
    My husband gets home every weekend or every other weekend, especially this winter. It may be that you have to stay out longer like 3 weeks at a time if it is summer. He can usually get home when he needs to. He has a great dispatcher though.

Drivers girl Thanks this.
  11. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I've always hated that phrase: "We get home when we need to".
    Well; I NEED to be home every Friday by 4pm. (Central), and not leave until Monday at 5am. (Central)....is that possible? No....not for most companies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.