How does one get into hauling things like these?

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by RedRover, Feb 2, 2017.

1. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    There s a difference in someone trying to actually learn and someone flapping their gums. I would be vague to someone that came up and started asking questions about this and within two minutes yup realize they have not done any reading and research. Now someone wanting clarification on something I have no problem with. You can tell they are making an effort.

The guy that is trying to learn is quiet and observant. The guy flapping his gums just will not shut up. That guy is not worth my time.

AModelCat, IH Truck Guy, Oxbow and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Do you know how I am always telling drivers to bring that A Game every time they play? Why? Because that's how you START.From Day 1, bring forth your best effort, your best work ethic. You're not going to slack at flatbedding but sudden pull it together when you get an oversized. You're not going to slack at pulling OSOW and then suddenly pull it together for a superload. It doesnt happen.

These guys are A Gamers. They've done their homework. And unfortunately, every time they pull into the truck stop, someone runs up, wanting some information on how he can go from the bottom to the top overnight. And when we tell them it doesnt happen, we are told that we are A Holes, right @Rontonio?

I wonder how many times @Dye Guardian gets stopped by some driver driver and asked how to get started.

4. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    Never.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

That's because Dye seldom stops, unless he's spending the night at customs.. I know bad joke for the night Dye. I applogize..
    And the places he loads and unloads at, most of the drivers are doing what he does already

6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Except his tarps are prettier

7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    The thing is, Dye has the same strong work ethic as any of us. Therefore, you don't see Dye asking how could he get into pulling superloads. He knows how to get there. The people that do ask do so because they are looking for an easier route.

8. DDlighttruck

DDlighttruck Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Sssoooo.....what's the easy route into heavy haul? It looks really easy, heck I saw a wheel loader at the fuel pumps tonight that only had 6 chains on it. I wonder how he got it on the trailer? There weren't any ramps on the back of it......

9. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    If @Dye Guardian were to come up to me and ask questions I would say.... Who the #### are you?

Nah, he is the type of person that is worth the effort to help. He will take that information and go verify it. He won't just take a stranger at their word until he gets to know them.

10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    It's sort of like a person who's never learned self discipline asking a guy with 24 inch arms how to get muscular vs a guy that started with 14 inch arms building to 18. Even tho he only has 18s, he already has the drive and the work ethic, while the other guy is looking or steroids. There's no shortcuts. Do you know what steroids to do people with crappy work ethics?

Makes them really fat and squatty really quick.

Sure, the news media has everyone believing that they can buy something that will make them look like Captain America...but that's not true.

11. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    One more thing. Remove the word "TRY" from your vocabulary. That is the first step towards failure. You are there for a job and by God you WILL get it done.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.