How does "Tire Pass" at Loves work?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Grumppy, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Tire Pass is popping up all over at Loves pretty quickly now but I don't know much about it or how it works.

Procedure to get the services?
    Cost?
    Tire Pass Points? I have a few points but I dont how how much they equal or how many I need to use the service etc..

Thanks for any relevant input....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    video on tirepass

EHB, flybynight12 and Grumppy Thank this.
  4. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Thanks Albert. I had googled it & didnt come up with anything, but I shoulda went to the web site before I posted.. which I did after I posted.
    It says free... but when this thing first came out, I understood it was going to be $10 to use the services. The video didnt go into that & it didnt tell about the 8 tire pass points on my card??

Edit... ahh the FAQ.....
    http://www.loves.com/HomeLinks/TruckTireCare/TIREPASS/TIREPASSFAQs.aspx

Any way, thanks

WisconsinF150, albert l and truckon Thank this.
  5. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    You pull up to the island and call. They come out and position you so all the wheels are parked in front of a special pump. You tell them what inflation you want. If a tire is over your inflation set point (as it should be when you come off the road) it won't remove any air. If a tire is 20% under inflated, they won't inflate the tire. They generate a report with what the psi was and wether they inflated or not, as well as tread depth.

$10 truck and trailer, or $5 one or the other.

Best used when getting off break so tires are cold when using tire pass.

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I want to try it sometime I have four credits

Dinomite Thanks this.
  7. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Dude I don't need you guys holding up the fuel island because you can't use a tire pressure gauge. Those spots are for us to run or slowly walk into the mc Donald's or chester's To get fuel for our belly and a cold drink.

8. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    I tried it at Clanton Al. for the first time. They hook up steers first, then worked their way back. By the time they hooked the trailer up, both steer tires were almost flat.

Tech said machine won't let let the air flow backward. Since it was now 20% under inflated they could not air it up. Tech said I could drive over to tire shop and use their hose to air them up.

I went ballistic!!!!!!!!!!! He wanted me to drive on almost flat steer tires that were full when we started.

Anyway the manager got involved, had the tech bring the tire truck to me. Had the tech check and air up all 18 tires with a gauge and the truck. The manager handled it very well.

Was thru there last week, was told the system had parts on order and was being fixed. Tech had insisted it was not the machine.

WisconsinF150, albert l and Dinomite Thank this.
  9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Are you saying operator error?

10. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    That looks like something those can haulers need before they run across the desert!!

flybynight12 Thanks this.
  11. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT

The machine wasn't working at first location in Ohio during the winter. The lines would freeze and would not allow enough air to do more than one tire at a time. There is supposed to be a gauge showing what the PSI is at hose. Obviously there was less than 70psi at the hose for some reason in your case. Hopefully this is not going to be par for the course. I know there will be a learning curve. Especially at locations that have the cashiers coming out to do this instead of trained tire guys!

WisconsinF150 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.