How does "Tire Pass" at Loves work?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Grumppy, Jun 1, 2015.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    It's the fuel lane next to the building which is usually tied with lazy drivers getting grub anyways

WisconsinF150 and Long FLD Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. randomname

randomname Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Loves has a whole list of things they need to address before they should even think about gimmickry like this. Sometimes I just have to scratch my head at Loves.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Sounds like a machine for lazy fuggers that don't know how to use an air pressure gauge and a hose. They sell glad hand units inside for $20-$30 so your never away from air.

The pump is on the side of your engine block.

5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    You're! Dang autocorrect

6. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT

You're is a contraction for you are.
    Your is the correct use. There also is an edit button you could use so you don't have to double post.

The system by the way cuts out at exact psi you set when it works correctly. Much better for having duals at the same psi then doing it manually. Also much quicker.

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I think you need to review proper grammar and spelling.
    And a key point is 'when it is working correctly'. Others have said that they had tire pressures LOWERED because the system wasn't working correctly.

And yes, it takes up one whole fuel island. And it is usually blocked from simple fueling.

I prefer Love's to many others for many reasons.
    But blocking a fuel lane just so a driver can be lazy is not one.

If Love's really wanted to help drivers with tire pressures, they could install an air hose at every island.
    It would be cheaper in many ways.

RustyChops41 Thanks this.
  8. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    Not sure how long you've been a driver Moosetech. Those air hoses use to be at the pumps. They never worked and were taken out at Petro and Pilot. Now some TA's won't even run the hose out to you. Those locations want to charge for this service.

The tire pass is not the problem. It is your fellow drivers that don't pull up after fueling, or take too long inside at busy locations. I'd rather have a guy use this service that other wise wouldn't check a tire at all.

stormy379 and Grumppy Thank this.
  9. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    There are a lot of drivers that never check their tires, they might kick them with their tennis shoes. If those drivers would use the system, then perhaps there would not be so much rubber on the road.

Grumppy Thanks this.
  10. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    The only time I've seen them doing something at them was when I stopped to do my 30.

The driver had just pulled in and 3 techs were trying to figure out how to set the machine up. I went in for lunch. Ate. Then came back out and heard them complaining about how the machine simply sucks. I laughed. I checked the tire pressure on my wheels myself. All were fine. Started my truck, drove away...then laughed again because the poor driver was still there looking completely annoyed.

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So you think someone that wouldn't check a tire at all would pay money for the service?
    I'm not so sure.

I can't disagree about drivers that don't pull up, or stay too long even if they do.
    I had one driver tell me to back out of the fuel island, because he was taking his 30 and he wasn't moving.
    (Just one of those times I wished I had a rocket launcher installed behind the grill...)
    (Blow up his trailer as I was backing out.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.