"How"...from Injun :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Injun, May 15, 2010.

1. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I'm new to your forum and want to first say "Hi"

I'm one of the "featherwoods" out here on the road, run solo because I don't play well with others. At least when I have to share a space the size of your average bathroom with someone 24/7.

Anyway, I don't know where to post upcoming events or even if I'm allowed to. Perhaps the admin guys can help with that. I wanted to let y'all know the Convoy for a Cure is on again this year, year #2. It's an event exclusively for truckers to raise money for breast cancer research. Last year, it was held at Willie's Place, but this year it will be at T/A in Terrell, TX, I-20 exit 503 on Oct 16. We had a blast last year, great entertainment and awesome food. It was decent turnout for a first year event.

I like to call the Convoy by a different name: Save The B**bies Campaign. Guys, if ya' like 'em, ya can help save 'em. I'm not one of the organizers, but I do support what they are doing.

There are lots of lady drivers involved in this and it is geared toward them, but last year the men outnumbered us and are more than welcome. There is even a support convoy just for the guys. Let's see if we can make a new record this year with the number of trucks rolling together...Think we can make it into Guiness?

Cheers!

Baack and kickin chicken Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Hi, Injun, Welcome to our Truckers Forum! We hope you enjoy your stay and please read our RULES. We hope to help you and get to know you soon! Thanks, Injun!

Injun, do you have a question about how to do something? Try our FAQ section or you can Private Message any Trucker Forum Staff Member (50 posts not required to PM a Moderator) to ask a question! Also, you can read through our Truckers Forum Information Center!

The Challenger and kickin chicken Thank this.
  4. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Hello, Injun

Welcome to the Site:)

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
  6. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC

Thanks, KH. She has posted is already, above:)

The Challenger Thanks this.
  7. Schmidtrock

Schmidtrock Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Palatka, FL
    Hi there and welcome! Sounds like a great event!

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.