How is it now?

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Apd, Aug 20, 2014.

1. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    I would think you could take the truck home with you. You will not run illegal in any way and no one will ask or tell you to. In the west it will be better than it is in the midwest. Just dont take any midwest runs and you will get better miles per run.

But you will see a lot of I 5

Apd Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Greyhound still works for Gordon, I think. If I were you, I'd PM him for more info or just ask.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Don't pay much attention do you.

5. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    Thank you guys very much. I've been in contact with a recruiter and the only snag that I've run into is the cdl school near my house isn't approved by them. The next closest one is over 2 hours away so I'm just trying to figure things out now. I'm pretty much set on Gordon though.

6. ryanro77

ryanro77 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I spoke to a GTI recruiter today. I was told that i could run western regional 2 weeks out 2 days home. she said .33 miles to start. i will be starting at one of their approved schools on tuesday. i don't have any info on how the run their orientation or how long you are out with a trainer or what that pay will be during training. if any of you have that info i would be grateful if you would share it. or i will get all of that info about a week before i graduate when i contact them back. also i am unaware of their average miles on western region. i live in Las Vegas and see the GTI trucks all the time so I'm sure getting home shouldn't be an issue. right?

7. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    If you can get on and start out with a 'real' Gordon trainer, will be best beginner experience you can have IMO. Typically 5-6 weeks, I think. Getting home is always an issue, whether Gordon or any other OTR. Better find out what they pay while trainee with a trainer.

Werner driver just told me Werner kept him out 3 months rookie year, made less than $500/week gross for 7/day week. He's looking to move on...

8. ryanro77

ryanro77 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Werner is $400 a week for the first 750 driving hours

9. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Im on their TC Fleet 48-states and you will get decent mileage very week but it goes up and down. 1 week you will get 3000 miles and then the next week you will get 1700 miles. The biggest thing that hurts your miles is when you have to do in town local deliveries because they have no other loads. But if your able to run the I-5 from California to Washington and back you can get good mileage every trip. Some weeks you will make 400-500 and then some weeks up to $1000.

10. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Also with home-time most dispacthers are pretty good at getting you home with the exception of a few who could care less. Luckily for me my dispatcher is a former driver and has always gotten home when I wanted to be there except a couple times where my hours didn't allow for it but got home as soon as I had hours.

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Just finished my first week on the South West Regional Fleet. Was home for two days and did 2550 miles. All drops.

knuckledragger and ryanro77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.