How is it now?

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Apd, Aug 20, 2014.

1. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    I would not expect much more then that for a average week. Some times were great but others were not. If you get a really good week it seems like the next you have to pay for it with less hours to run. All in all Gti would be great if they had the longer mile trips and not so much of the short runs like 300 miles or so. Those runs you burn up hours and not make much money.

Victor_V Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Left Phoenix to pick up a load going to Portland Oregon. Good way to start the week.

4. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    Glad to hear its working out for you Tom.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Thanks. Havent had a live load or unload yet. I am thinking this load to Portland will be a live unload though. I am picking up the preloaded trailer in Bellemont in the morning.

6. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I see Gordon is hiring with 6 months experience. Anyone know the starting pay for 6 months?

7. knuckledragger

knuckledragger Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Everett, WA
  8. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Their recruiters do. Give them a call.

9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    As an update, things are still going pretty well. My dispatcher in Rancho, Tarra, and I are getting along very well. She keeps me moving and I make my deliveries on time. And lately I have been getting through the house at least once a week if not more. This is the first time I have ever had a company that could get me home during the week. Even if it is only for a meal it has made the DW a happy camper. As a matter of fact I will be rolling through the house this morning as I go from Phoenix to Ridgefield WA. So for now I am still a happy Gordon driver.

knuckledragger Thanks this.
  10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

The key is not to assume your DM understands what you want. Make sure you communicate it nicely. And enjoy what you do. Transitions can be challenging.

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I agree. I try and have a face to face with my dispatching team every time I get to Rancho.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.