How is May doing these days?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Lifechange05, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Lifechange05

Lifechange05 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    Any updates from drivers appreciates.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Bad news. Don't do it.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  4. Lifechange05

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    Thanks for the feedback... I'm graduating in two weeks and I am so conflicted on first job.

5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    May is good for your first company. You better like driving in the snow and ice though..lot of runs in the northwest..keep you moving for the most part.

6. Lifechange05

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    How are the insurance rates for spouse/driver?

7. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    I have my own but I think it is around 400 a month for employee, spouse.. You can always call recruiting and find out.

8. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Wish I had recent update.Driver friend worked for the about 6 months.Shippers tended to "send you off overweight .and refuse to "cut the load at Purina.Some other things he was p...ed about,like "taking money out of your check,for idling time",he just couldnt let it go on.

9. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Only been left a shipper overweight once in a year..no problems getting it fixed. As far as idle, I have never been charged for it. Just use common sense..if it's warm or very cold you can idle. The bunk heater works great amyway. Run the miles, work hard, keep your record clean/don't break the rules and you will be fine.

Robert Eroica Dupea and 51.50 Thank this.
  10. Plantfeeder

Plantfeeder Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2017
    As far as idling goes you basically have to ask permission to idle every day even in the summer if it's under 95 degrees. So if you come from a low humidity area and find yourself in the east somewhere even days in the 80's are miserably hot with the high humidity they have. It really a bogus deal to ask permission to idle every day, otherwise you're buying the fuel at a gallon an hour. One of the many reasons I'm currently seeking employment elsewhere.

11. Plantfeeder

Plantfeeder Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2017
    How is May doing these days you ask? Well II'm currently sitting in Atlanta where I've been since Friday morning being totally ignored with hurricane Irma on its way here. They're waiting till the last possible second so they can find me a load before they finally tell me to get out of there on roads that are 60 miles of traffic jams as I write this. At least that's what I think they have planned. I honestly don't know cause I haven't heard anything since Friday morning and it's now 9 pm Saturday night so for all I know they've just abandoned all of us down here. I would just up and leave but I fear that they would fire me immediately and leaving me 3000 miles from my home with hundreds of dollars in personal property that I would end up loosing with no way to get home. Another of many reasons I'm looking elsewhere for employment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.