How Is The Orientation In E. Brunswick...?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by RavenRyder, Feb 20, 2013.

1. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    52K is right, that's a pretty good bet that you can make more if you work hard. don't sweat the JB thing, they are a great company to work for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dgarricksr

dgarricksr Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    poughkeepsie, ny
    Ok here is the deal. I am currently working a crap job that most people would kill for. Excellent benefits and a state pension. However the crap is too much for me to handle (very political) here. I was accepted to jb hunt and am supposed to start on 6/10/13. have some options on dcs and regional. What I need from all of you is honest opinions from people that actually work there on what the benefits and 401k is. Also any info on orientation and whether or not I can install an invertor would be helpful as well as anyone currently driving ne regional. im close enough for the cs account in newburgh and family dollar out of rome.

4. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    benefits are one of the best, 401k they match I think is up to 6%. Dcs is the better of the accounts but I would take any offer they offer me.

5. Spartan718

Spartan718 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Rockaway,NJ
    I have been working at Toys R Us DCS account out of Flanders,NJ for 2 months now. JB is a really good company to work for. The pay is what they said, I work 9-12hrs a night. I start at 17:00 and am bac for night night usually between 3 and 4. I pnly live 20mins away so it is great for me. I don't mind driving to 5 burrows that much, just don't like if I am there all night. I did help out at the C & S account out E. Brunswick,NJ I think it is. That sucks, I spent both days on Long Island at Walbaums and A&P's. Some of those stores bays barely accommodate your truck and all that city driving. I was wiped out by the end of the day. I like the Toys 'R us account, but hell no could I work the C&S. We get paid better and less aggravation. Unless you love backing into really tight places ALL THE TIME, stay away from C&S in my opinion.

ewill71 Thanks this.
  6. RavenRyder

RavenRyder Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    Well... I think I started this thread... I have been working for 2 months now... I'm happy... but it's because I used my smarts and jockeyed myself into a position I wanted... and that was just being a shuttle driver... and I'd boogey tomorrow if I had to do those borough runs daily... I don't know how those guys do it... I did it on ride-alongs and with a trainer... and made it known that I had no desire to do that... I go out on a delivery once every couple of weeks when they need me too... but I just shuttle loads between warehouses... I have my own tractor that only had 2000 miles on it when I got it... I never thought I would be happy with JB... and I could see where that could be the case... but I was lucky enough to have some management that considered what I wanted... I work hard for them... I'm almost always the last to get done... I'll take that last load... We get $50.. just to show up... $13.25 a stop... today I did 10 paid stops... and 396 miles... .41cents pc miler.... and that was a full 14 hour day... I started at 10am and done at midnight.... you do the math. I'll leave it at I am lucky... but I made my bed... now I'm sleeping with a smile comfortably.... if I was made to become a borough driver.... it would get dusty as I looked in my rear view mirror...

7. dgarricksr

Aug 21, 2011
    poughkeepsie, ny
    Yeah raven I worked for Webster out of chester from 04-06. basically got started in trucking going to li and nyc. just looking at all options right now and whether or not I should stay put or come back to driving. the newburgh facility is dry vans mostly so its better then reefers. but that's just an option. told them I was more interested in regional.

8. RavenRyder

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    I worked for webster out of Hatfield from 94-99... but back then we had like... one Edwards store in each borough... not 200 stores...

9. dgarricksr

Aug 21, 2011
    poughkeepsie, ny
    so what are you running now? recruiter has me starting 6/11/13 with orientation in Middletown ny for the cs account out of newburgh. commute is going to hurt though.

10. RavenRyder

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    I've been working for jb for 2 months

11. dgarricksr

Aug 21, 2011
    poughkeepsie, ny
    are you on the cs account? whats it like? any different from Webster? still thinking regional but will stay there 90 days. my commute will be 90 miles round trip 5 days a week. whats orientation like? any advice?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.