How long after phone interview...

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by JustNva, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Jayrag

Jayrag Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I applied to 3 or 4 truck companies and within a few days they each had me set up for orientation. J B Hunt had still not cleared my background/criminal history but they still wanted me come to orientation.
    If you have not had a company contact you then you should apply somewhere else as a back up. Just arrange orientation start date a few weeks down the road to give the one company you like a chance to approve you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Averitt takes a little longer than most for whatever reason. But I do know they look into backgrounds a little harder than most, so if you have something there that they question, your application will go farther up the food chain for approval first before they call/hire you. They took almost 3 weeks with me and I was a new driver, just retired from the military.

4. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    It's nice to know they won't hire any Joe blow from the street. My wait wasn't bad at all now that I think about it. It would have been shorter if my recruiters wife didn't give birth.

5. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    But unless you fail a drug test, or physical , or a road test are you pretty much gone make it through orientation? I don't understand these co. bringing new hires in without checking their work history, or background good before they come in.

6. JustNva

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    My understanding is if they couldn't hire you they wouldn't bring you to orientation. In other words everything background related is done before an orientation invite ifs given.

Will never understand why other companies don't even start until the driver is at orientation.

bamamac Thanks this.
  7. JustNva

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Averitt has been my number one choice since the field recruiter came to my CDL school. At first, for some reason, it didn't work out....at all. But luckily when I re-applied someone saw something. There's been something about them just clicked with me, and has felt right.

This week I received my orientation packet, my recruiter called to follow up to see if I had anymore questions. Just now my (I think this is what he called himself) training fleet manager just called to introduce himself and to see if I had any questions. Seemed like a nice guy, said I'll meet him on Thursday.

I'll be in Cookeville in a couple of days, I'm nervous of course. But everything has gone so smoothly and fell into place perfectly, I feel like I'm going home and not to a job. I'm starting to see why Averitt has so many 20+ years drivers.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  8. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    congratulations

JustNva Thanks this.
  9. Trucker47

Trucker47 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    How did your first day of orientation go

chopper103in Thanks this.
  10. JustNva

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Sent home because of high blood pressure and told to have a sleep study.

11. Trucker47

Trucker47 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Sorry to hear that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.