How long should I stay?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Odin's Rabid Dog, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Blue Zombie Trucker

Blue Zombie Trucker Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2017
    I love OTR. I tried some local gigs, but frankly, the pay was hardly worth getting out of bed for.

Speed_Drums and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chameleon34

chameleon34 Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2016
    This is a little off topic but are you still with DSV? I recently applied and spoke to Derek seems like he’s decent. Ran flatbed a couple years before I went to van but I’m prepared to go back. Sick of the dock times.

650cat425 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yep still here. Derek is good people. U wanting to come on as o/o or get in the lp program?

chameleon34 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  5. chameleon34

Nov 4, 2016
    I’m going to go with L/P. I’ve been in one 3 years now with a new machine having no intentions of buying it outright but of all the bad programs out there this one seems the most legit. At least you got a shot at getting a title and not in 8 years when the truck is wiped out.

650cat425 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Nice ! We got plenty of good quality freight . U gonna go with step or flat? I pull flat but just haul stick and brick loads and dont care to do oversize , if u wanna run oversize or do the military freight ur best bet would be to get a stepdeck

650cat425, Speed_Drums and chameleon34 Thank this.
  7. chameleon34

Nov 4, 2016
    I’ve never ran a step. I have no desire to run oversize either. Been reading a lot to see what everyone says about each but I think I’ll heed your words and just run a flat. How’s freight in the Midwest and south with your boards and agents? I’m outta Michigan right on I94. Derek said coast to coast was the money but there’s a lot of steel right in my area that pays good too.

D.Tibbitt and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Idk i dont run that area . I havent been east of i15 in like 5 months lol.. Its up to u how u wanna run. Find a couple agents u like to work with and just run for them. Or U can get loads off truckstop load board as well. so if u just wanna run steel in ur area, that is definatly possible.

That is the nice thing about this company is u can do ur own thing and they dont bother u as long as u are working and making the company money. Some guys chase the coast to coast stuff, some stay east , some stay west. There is agents with good freight in every part of the country.

Speed_Drums and chameleon34 Thank this.
  9. chameleon34

Nov 4, 2016
    That
    That was the positive answer I was fishing for lol. Certainly appreciate all the info. I’m slated to come onboard on the 15th pending all the red tape. You ever run any coils? I’m a little nervous coming into the snow season since the majority of what I’ve hauled has been equipment without tarp requirements.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I used to love running coils. Only hauled 1 since ive been with dsv. But if i lived in ur area id probably be running coils non stop .

Alot of guys here dont want to tarp , so i started out hauling nothing but tarp loads it seemed like..and it seems like thats where the money is at in the winter time..

. i mostly just run around the northwest now. Ive got a couple contacts that i like running for up here... i should be around missoula when ur here in orientation , let me know when u get here !

chameleon34 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  11. chameleon34

Nov 4, 2016
    I’ll make sure I get ahold of you. Helps having someone who’s been in a while and knows what’s going on to give some solid advice. Much appreciated!

Speed_Drums and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.