How many CSA points is too many?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SAMMY6969, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I totally agree. Just wanted to let you know you are wasting bandwidth. There will be at least 30 replies by morning detailing just how wrong you are. The FMCSA did a horrible job of explaining the minutia of CSA when they rolled it out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not much. Considering what I had one time in excess of 134K (And that was the point at which the platform scale failed and dropped me and my rig a foot plus onto the safety steel skeleton frame below in the basement.

I would not have been employable if that incident was serious. The company ate a 3000 dollar ticket from Virginia with a recommendation I do whatever I needed to do get around Maryland which was open that day. Turned a normal 5 hour run into a 11 hour hell that totaled the tractor completely for junk when we got it back to Baltimore.

I recall the pull towards walkersville upgrade on 26, the pyro went into 1500 then 1600 and pegged. It stayed there for 20 minutes. After I got over that ridge the engine had derated from thermal failure of some kind. It was a really sick truck at that point. I believe the engine was burned out among other things.

The entire day was a total and complete fiasco. You do not send a newbie like I was with no instruction or training other than one simple sentance.

Take that box down to the shipper and have them fill it.

Define fill it. Then define how much you can get in there legally. Etc. All the things we learned over the years. It was a very bad day. A little training and instruction by the company would have avoided all that mess.

In our time we knew nothing at all about PSP, CSA etc all the little secret scoring etc behind the scenes. We would eventually learn about it years later when it's too late to do anything about it being royally screwed up.

4. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Overweight tickets do not carry csa points.

Csa points are done by category. 20 points in vehicle maintenance and most carriers won't care. Any points in the alcohol category is probably a no go.

Unsafe driving category is really the critical one.

5. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Drivers don't have csa points/scores !

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  6. reverendhandy

reverendhandy Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Modesto, CA
    Tickets by themselves do not add points to your CSA unless it is put on a Level 1, 2 or 3 inspection report.
    So if you got an overweight ticket but no inspection, no worries.
    It doesn't even count on your license because it was not a moving violation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.