How Many Have a Base Station?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by mike5511, Jun 11, 2017.

1. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    306 Country's? That's pretty darn good, considering there's officially only 195 in the World today...
    How many countries are there in the world? (2017) - Worldometers

mike5511 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Is that a Moonraker?

4. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    They won't be calling. I've been retired from my real job for over 3 years. I haven't been bored once. Still got projects waiting to be started. This retirement job is what I've been looking for all my life!!

bored silly Thanks this.
  5. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Mike, I've had a "retirement job" for a number of years now, and I highly recommend it. I know fellows who will die with their boots on because outside of their jobs, they have nothing to do and no other interests. I'm not one of them. I make a darn good bum with more nonpaying projects waiting to be done than the law allows. If I didn't have to go to radiation treatments every day to clear up a little problem I developed in the last couple of years, I'd have more time to do them; but they will get done!

mike5511 Thanks this.
  6. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

Real countries vs. ham radio award countries are two different things. For award purposes there are a lot of uninhabited islands and reefs that count as a separate country as long as they're separated far enough from the governing authority...places like Navassa Island, and Palmyra Atoll, for instance. For award purposes there are 339 "countries".

bored silly and jessejamesdallas Thank this.
  7. jessejamesdallas

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    actually that one is a Lightning L4 quad...but what I have up now is a MaCo shooting star (which looks similar)
    [​IMG]

8. jessejamesdallas

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Got'cha....Figured it was something along those lines... I've never kept count on how many countrys I have talked to on 11 meter, it's no where near what you have talked, but most of the UK, Australia, and several countrys south of here and the islands...Have talked I think with people in most of the States...Think there's a few up in the New England area I may have missed, can't remember ever talking to anyone in New Hampshire or Vermont...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.