How much do you usually write off?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by GA-TRUCKER, Dec 18, 2016.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Do you know how many thousands of "I WANNA BE MY OWN BOSS" Truckers are like "Ooops.I Don't have any Tax Money saved" By April??

More than you think.........Especially Independents without any kind of CPA help......Just Drive and Cash Chexcks...Drive and Cash Checks ...Drive and Cash Checks...Drive,Do a PM,and cash Checks,Drive and Cash Checks.........Every Day Every Week and Still Lint in their Pockets- No Tax Money,No Health care money

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Well I'm not sure what your point is but if your calling us stupid how's this if u work for a co. You are there ##### and you have to wait till there good and ready to fix something or stay home and not get paid.I might not be rich but my bills are paid I average 150000 after fuel I work when I want and I haul what I want and drive what I want . After deductions I might owe money and I pay it when I file instead of government taking my money every week and at end of year get some back . Working for some co. You might make 52000 a year maybe and work like a dog. So plz don't insult those of us that are true professionals that choose to run our business the way we want to . Co rarely over a pension anymore and you get sick time and a couple of weeks vacation and pay a good chunk for health ins with huge deductibles . If you ask me I have less lint in my pocket than a co.driver and more freedom. And FYI I know alot of co drivers who live paycheck to paycheck actually most people live paycheck to paycheck

looking4work Thanks this.
  4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I was there. And it was at the time when I was a "contractor driver" paid on 1099. So easy to cash the check and forget. It took me some years and effort to dig out from my back-taxes hole. The good/bad thing is the IRS will let you be on a payment agreement. As long as you make the payments on time, they don't seem to care, they will even let you extend the agreement for another year, and then yet another year, and another...perpetually. The interests and penalties are accruing an the tax hole is deeper, hard to keep up the pace with. The tax withholding is not such a bad thing if someone lacks the discipline .

stayinback Thanks this.
  5. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    ...unless his per diem is higher.

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    No ... not if you're 1099 ... you do both.

7. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Ummm...........Im not insulting anyone there tiger.......

Just stating Facts my friend, Im not calling anyone stupid either, Just what happens.....You seem to not like to hear facts.......

if you personally are doing it right.....Then you got nothin' to worry about.

Seen so many guys try to hide their "personal" financial situations until they simply cant hide it anymore......Yes its embarrassing, But you learn to be more responsible with revenue that comes in.

Have it good day:D

8. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    That's ######## tiger your a judgemental pos who thinks he knows it all . But actually you don't know #### have a good day tiger

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan

Well he's right, it may not be you but it is true there are so many who can't handle simple finance stuff and get into trouble. If someone in this industry is living paycheck to paycheck, then there is something seriously wrong.

stayinback Thanks this.
  10. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. And then there are those that could survive a couple of weeks and then there r those maybe 3-4 weeks what I'm talking about is working class middle class americans which they are the majority of one's who live paycheck to paycheck.
    His point was directed spacificly at independents and how they r irresponsible & stupid for not saving money to pay uncle sam .now there is a person who is criticizing someone who works very hard trying to pay his bills and provide for his family. Instead he should be criticizing the deadbeats lazy scumbags who live of the welfare system which is funded buy the guys and gals out here working there buts off.

11. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    never once have I Declard anyone "Stupid"..........Go Re-read things sir.
    Sounds like you are a little Sour over something in life, Not sure what it is.

Just stating facts..And Yes,I have helped Many Folks with Tax Savings,And "How To"
    you Just cant come home..Start Cashing Checks-Without any discipline.

nobody wants to pay taxes, I Don't Either......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.