how much does IDC pay for tailgating freight?

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by mathematrucker, Apr 1, 2014.

1. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Does Interstate pay the driver to tailgate that Franz Bakery drop up in Seattle? Do they consider it a "driver unload"? So far with Interstate I've always been able to use lumpers for breaking down pallets at places that have docks, but that Franz drop doesn't have a dock so you're back there tailgating the freight for them. Seems like it should pay something at least.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Sounds like a question you should be asking Interstate directly.

4. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    So I guess what you're saying is Interstate's accessorial pay is confidential? Or maybe it was more along the lines of "the amount paid is based on the outcome of a negotiation that takes place between you and your fleet manager for each occurrence." Sure I'll ask my fleet manager today, but I'd also like to know what other drivers get paid for the same thing. My fleet manager isn't exactly the best source for that information.

5. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Are you tailgating heavy stuff? I was there the other week with 2k lb pallets. Franz Sucks!

6. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Yes those Franz pallets are heavy. I've delivered there twice. After the first time I ordered some tow straps and a pallet puller on Amazon. We used them the second time I was there. They worked well for all the pallets except about four or five sideways ones in the nose that we couldn't quite get with the pallet puller. After that second delivery I ordered some big tow hooks for those sideways pallets. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

7. JustScaled34000

JustScaled34000 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I am not sure why a company driver would have to pay for tools to do a job? Hey Math what is the answer to the question you presented?

8. wmgcaptbill

wmgcaptbill Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2014
    NORTHWEST
  9. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Wow, you make such a compelling arguement......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.