How Much Hometime????

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Or just DH up to Georgia or Bama. I'm by and large F the dumb #### when it comes to making money.

And these last few posts do not belong in the hometime section, because they are again company related and taking away from hometime, even though it hasn't started yet.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Now OM is saying tough titty.

I said you really want me to tell everyone the kitty has said tough titty?

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Taking my empty ### out of here. No hurry got a few things to do to the Plasticliner

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Hometime this time so far.

Got home Sunday like 1800.

Got up Monday 0400 made delivers. First one at 0700, fingerprinted entire load except for 4 boxes to second stop.
    Took several Tylenol.

Paid everything, after unloading mail box.

After passing out for awhile, went to Freightliner for oil and fuel water separator at 1900.

Tuesday 0300 got up to meet wrench for PM at 0500. Now at the Beacon for truck wash, 4th in line.

Stopped at Beacon yesterday, line was 25, no BS, 25 trucks deep. All the way past Kenworth out to 83rd Avenue lol.

Also disgruntled for being responsible for having to take care of company equipment while on hometime.

shogun and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    You really need to have a serious conversation with your OM about this requirement that you take care of company business during home time. Even worse if your not getting paid for it.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Hometime is coming to a close now. Made epic steak. Cooking second helping then napping for a bit.

Most unfair hometime EVER.

8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    So she didn't have a problem with you telling us?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    We got a clean Level 1 in the communist state this morning, so she's pretty happy.

We celebrated with hot dogs, Pilot house coffee, and an Oreo ice cream bar.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Day 1 of hometime this time.

Got home yesterday like 1500. Dropped trailer, bob tailed home, dropped cats and laundry. Sheila wants to chat, and I'm worn out. Bob tailed back to yard, Uber home. It's in the low 30's, and discovered the furnace is broke. Went to grocery store, and cooked up a giant skillet of Dave's Special.

Day 2 of hometime this time.

Got up at 0500. Delivered load. Got home like 110. Cooked more delicious food. Some furnace guy working on neighbors house, said he'd take a look, shined me on. Left oven on like 500 with door ajar to keep from freezing to death. Blower motor on furnace is broke. Found dude to come repair.

Day 3 of hometime this time so far.

Really good coffee and bagels. Watching news and 17 is closed at Sunset Point do to big truck fatality wreck. News ladies are a sight for sore eyes lol.

4mer trucker and Ryan423 Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Day 3 continues...…..

HEAT!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!
    Dude just swapped blower motor.

Turning down loads that no one turns down lol. May have to ask LS to ban me for awhile something.

Had to drive down to Freightliner to authorize them to diagnose the check engine light on S's truck. Had to drive down cause the F retard writing it up wouldn't answer the phone, and couldn't seem to find my email.

I never gave him my email, but got an email from him yesterday evening asking for authorization.:confused:

$290 to diagnose, which is waved if it is a warranty item.

I've been talking to Inland now about any further trucks. This episode is the end I think. I was going to get another Volvo when they gave me the great deal on Casper. And I wanted to keep things in one place, but I can't take the pain.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    4mer trucker and Ryan423 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.