How much per load?

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Transit_lifer, Sep 19, 2021.

1. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I've only known one fuel company pay by the load. They went out of business due to accidents. Pay by the load encourages rushing and rushing in fuel is a bad thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    I agree completely.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    If they would ever open up a position down here I would jump on it in a heartbeat!

HiramKingWilliams Thanks this.
  5. Trout Valium

Trout Valium Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Im out of Vermont. Just went over 100k before Thanksgiving. Paid by the load, percentage, and on a W-2. I work nights and weekends so I get a few extra percent. I do have a sleeper and usually stay out so I can get a few extra loads a week, but if anything happens at home I call dispatch and all they say is take care of the family. Each load is payed different, as the mileage might be different. I could do 4 loads within 1/2 hour of the terminal or 1 load at 450 miles start to end and get the same pay. New hires in a day cab, @12 hour shifts start at $84-86k

tarheelsfan105 Thanks this.
  6. Transit_lifer

Transit_lifer Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Hemet, CA
    Is their anything as far as part- time fuel hauling to get experience? City bus driver here......

7. Trout Valium

Trout Valium Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Yes, we have one driver who works only fri and sat night, did haul milk a while back but has inspection job now. The gas is for a bit more income

Transit_lifer Thanks this.
  8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Island Transport, they flambed all over Long Island with auto/truck accidents paying percentage of the load.

9. Turbodriven

Turbodriven Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Does this go for all hours of the day at most racks or is it easier to get in and out at night?

10. FordStreetBlues

FordStreetBlues Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2021

11. FordStreetBlues

FordStreetBlues Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2021
    Hello there!! I've been researching Gemini Motor Transport, just went through all interviews, background and onboarding. I've seen a few posts from you on here, and it looks like you may be driving for them right where I'm nominated to come on board with them, here in S. Oregon. I have alot of questions for you if that is the case, and would be elated if you had the time to chat with myself? Would be much obliged. Thanks!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.