How not to act towards a shipper/receiver

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Gypsyroad, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    many people like free food/coffee/soda. even day old stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Another treat shippers/receivers really love is 1-2 dozen Subway chocolate chip cookies! I don't mind investing a couple of bucks worth of cookies if it means I can get loaded/unloaded a little faster. It might mean I pick up the next load that day instead of sitting till the next morning or even over the weekend! The only that sucks is you have to bribe people to DO THEIR EFFING JOBS!!!

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I wore a CTI jacket to my IWX orientation. They trade me a new IWX jacket for my old CTI jacket.

5. Bayer-Z28

Bayer-Z28 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2010
    NV, PA, IL, CT
    Very true..

I'm a passive person, so whenever they get to me is fine. If I've been waiting for a while, I may ask how long it will be, but that's it.

Fed/Ex in Chicago was horrid though! That pissed in my corn flakes that morning.

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Fed/Ex Freight in Chicago Heights was always a good deal for me. Always got unloaded quick, nice drivers lounge.

7. Bayer-Z28

Bayer-Z28 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2010
    NV, PA, IL, CT
    ^ Might have been a different place. Chicago Heights at the airport?

As soon as I showed up the broad at the fenced in window ignores me for 15 minutes, then tells me to come back in an hour. Come back in an hour and then stand out side that #### window for almost a half an hour before she gets to me.. and I'm the ONLY ONE THERE! I finally started to passively annoy her by tapping my ring on the railing I was leaning on.. a couple minutes of that and she got to me..

Got a mixed bag of >1klb HazMat... 0_o I mean MIXED bag.. I get to the gate and park.. THEN the broad asks me to move the truck to the other lane.. Move it and than she has to inspect it, and nit pick the condition of the doors. OMG.. That was a bad morning.. I'm pretty sure it was Chicago.. Or else it was Atlanta.. Chicago, I think.

We had a roller trailer specifically for FedEx tho. So eyah it's a quick unload. 3 or 4 of those aircraft containers makes it fast.. better than a NONpalletized KMart load.. 35k lbs of s BUNCH of tiny boxes.. :mad:

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    SE-side off of US30 - that's nowhere near the airport.

9. jimfletcher7

jimfletcher7 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Danville Ky
    No matter what my time frame is like i never tell the shipper or reciever whats going on. All they get from me is " Take your time I know ya'll are busy and if there's anything i can do to help let me know." I do know their job is no picnic either, i've seen shipping and rec offices that if you look in , they dont know what's going on and they never are smiling. i dont want their job for nothing.

10. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY
    I had a ld and got there early, walked in in and oh-boy. Drivers sitting around waiting, it's hot and only one guy behind the counter. I give him my bills he glanced at them and said have a seat. He was wearing a Vietnam Vet hat so as I walked away I said "welcome my brother" a couple seconds later I hear WAIT A MINITE! He looked at the bills again and said we've been waiting for this, door xxx:biggrin_2559:I was out of there aprox. 6 hrs BEFORE my appt.

11. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    We had this poor guy show up to pick up a crane from us. My boss didn't put anyone on the job to get it ready to ship until 3 hours after the guy showed up to pick it up. I spent the next five hours working on it to get it ready and then the next hour helping the guy load it on his trailer and chain it down. Felt bad for the guy but I was working as fast as I could and then showed him to the rest room so he could clean up. That guy was probably mad at me for not moving faster, but he didn't show it. Heck I am not even in shipping or recieving. I have had people in shipping and recieving comment on the lack of proper hygiene of some drivers. Then we had a driver from Steelcase out of MI. He spent the night in the parking lot at work, we won't run you off. He showed up to the dock in a uniform and he didn't smell like he hadn't bathed in a week. You should have seen how the shipping recieving dept treated him vs. other non-hygeine minded people.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.