How often does us exp get you home

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by driver7702003, Nov 27, 2011.

1. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Be very glad that you caught all of the lies now before you got there.

J.D.W. and RickG Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    So why not just apply to USX??????

4. BIGBUDDY29

BIGBUDDY29 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MONTROSE,CO
    JDW I had the same thinh happen to me, USX recuriter sad no hiring solo in my area. Then she told about a truck co. that work under USX. no way I would rather work for USX. so i will wait till something open's up.
    thanks for the input. be safe, GOD BLESS.

J.D.W. Thanks this.
  5. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    I did apply to USX for a Western Regional position that my recruiter told me about, in the first place. But by the time my recruiter got back to me with that app, he told me the the position had closed, and would probably not open up again for 6 weeks or so. So he made me an offer for this Freight Systems, Inc. agency, as "an opportunity to come on board with USX, that I could later transfer to another position with USX if I wanted to." Not his exact words, but he said something like that anyway. He just somehow *ahem* failed to mention all the other bull$h1t that would come along with the position that he was offering me, and instead chose to lie about it.

6. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    Yeah thanks for the reply man. I agree completely. The whole thing seemed shady from the beginning. Even after I had the bs sorted from what they were really offering me, I still couldn't get them to explain exactly who I would be working for and employed by and who would be writing out my paychecks, etc. I was told all along that I would be technically a USX driver, just hauling Freight Systems, Inc freight. So if that's the case, then why were these Freight Systems people wanting me to come out to Little Rock to attend their orientation? *Scratches head*

7. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yea I understand your point. Sorry to hear they are messing with you brother.

J.D.W. Thanks this.
  8. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    I'm so sorry things didn't work out......but Iknow exactly what you mean about loosing your sanity....LOL.....by week #3.5 I am headed that way and NEED to get home.

J.D.W. Thanks this.
  9. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    Thanks Miz and MusicGal. I'm sure I'll find something better, that'll work out just fine for me (-:.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  10. driver7702003

driver7702003 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FLORIDA
  11. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    I have talked to a recruiter from Schneider before. They seem like a great company, but just a couple small hangups for me with them. One...the cents/mile they were offering me, was well under what I was being offered and what I qualify for, with a few other companies. The other thing about Schneider, one of this recruiter told me, aside from me being able to pick up on this a little bit on my own...is that the majority of their equipment is a tad bit older than the industry average.
    I do appreciate the tip though, so thanks for that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.