How often does us exp get you home

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by driver7702003, Nov 27, 2011.

1. JackDylan

JackDylan Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mundelein IL
    That’s too bad it didn't work out for you at USX. I remember while in school everyone told me do not believe everything the recruiters tell you. Especially with your situation, it sounded fishy from the get go.

I guess I have been lucky because my recruiter Jill at USX has been great. I have called her many times with questions and concerns and I truly believe she has been very up front and honest with me.

I wish you the best in finding something that will work for you.

J.D.W. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J.D.W.

J.D.W. Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Ontario, California
    Thanks. I actually called my recruiter several times and asked him several questions too, and was under the same impression, about him being up front with me. Funny thing is, I've gone to work for 3 other companies before, and I've spoken to so many recruiters so many times, that I thought I pretty well have figured out how to tell the difference between when a recruiter is feeding me bull and when they're being honest with me. But recruiters are trained professional liars though, mind you. Along the same lines as car salesmen. The best recruiters in the biz are the ones that can actually tell you the truth over the phone, but at the same time, sugarcoat it enough to the point that you find yourself at ease about the bad parts of the job they're telling you about, anyway. I think the case with my recruiter is that since he is a USX recruiter, but he was planning on sending me to work for Freight Systems, Inc., who has their own policies...that maybe the things he was telling me were actual truisms, regarding USX - the company that he represents, although he was being dishonest in not telling me what I needed to know about the job he was offering me, nor did he ever tell me who I should've contacted at Freight Systems, to find out what I needed to know about them.
    Thanks again, best of luck to you too.

4. Boomer08

Boomer08 Light Load Member

May 26, 2010
    Just curious if the recruiter you talked to is Jill Baskerville? That is who I have been talking to.

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    If you want hometime............

from live oak,

have you checked comcar or pritchett trucking.

Distribution centers in alachua, valdosta........

6. sbgogirl

sbgogirl Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Anderson, SC
    I leave for training with US Xpress Tues. I was told to plan on being gone 3 weeks before coming home. Afte I get my truck I will be out 2 week at and time and home 2 days. Unless I decide to stay out longer.:biggrin_2558:

7. JackDylan

JackDylan Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mundelein IL
    Yeah that's her. I swear I must have talked to her every other day while I was in school. Just talked to her yesterday. She also was very good in replying to my emails as well.

Overall compared to all the other recruiters that I delt with I though Jill was one of the best. Never felt like she was trying to sell me on USX.

Hope your experience has been as good as mine with Jill.

8. Rayray140

Rayray140 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I drive for u.s express im a team driver but my team driver had to catch a plane back to GA for family death we left home on the 1st of Aug an put in our home for the 12th I was stranded in Washington for one day got a load from Washington to Cali stranded there for 3 days i missed my hometime for the 12th now I'm in texas waiting to go home an they trying to send me to new York is there anybody I can talk to..

9. Rayray140

Rayray140 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I drive for u.s express I'm a team driver my co driver had to get on a plane from Washington to Ga for family death we left out on the 1st of Aug an put in our hometime for Aug 12th so I'm in Washington waiting to get routed back to Ga they didnt route me back south they sent me a load from Washington to Cali I been stuck in Cali for 3days so i missed my hometime then they sent me a load from Cali to Laredo tx they gave me a load from el Paso tx to Alabama but they took that load away from me an gave me a load from Texas to new York wen I'm suppose to b routed home who do I talk to

10. Steelers44

Steelers44 Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2023
    Can I take my truck home

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.