How people get past physicals..?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Brandson, Jan 8, 2014.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I wonder if TN does that? I think they do but, not sure now...lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    That was stevens transport that sent a driver home for being too big, guy said they wouldn't hire him unless he lost little over 200 lbs. Dnt know if he went elsewhere or not. They didn't hire me cuz of my muscle relaxers even though they are fine according to fed dot as I had checked. They are highly strict there. Kinda discriminating saying a person needs to lose a certain amount of weight to be hired but can't argue with big wigs most the time as you won't win.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  4. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I am over-weight at 220lbs but if some potential employee sent me home and actually said that, a law suit would ensue....

5. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    I'd rather a driver take 5 minutes to get into his truck yet productively contribute to society rather than sitting at home collecting entitlements.

6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    The trucking company is doing this for bottom line monetary reasons, possibly dealing with their insurance company. On the flip side, if the obese driver does lose 200 lbs. plus of weight, it could very well save his or her life.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Everyone "should" be in good shape, and everyone should "want" to be in good shape but, should we start forcing people to get in better shape? I think we need to change the way America markets food to consumers. The FDA, isn't doing anything to stop the way fast food and just plain bad food is being pushed on the American people. There are a lot of ingredients in food that we should not eat but, most people don't even know what they are really eating. They know it is bad, but not to what extent..

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. silverdrifter

silverdrifter Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    athens georgia
    finally some one knows that beside me

9. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    Ya and I should be married to Kate Upton too but I ain't !!! Lol should my big old butt !!!

10. silverdrifter

silverdrifter Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    athens georgia
    well im not 400 lbs 270 and I workout 4 days a week have a gym at my house lol but I cant duck walk for nothing so im curious what company your with so I know not to apply there

11. mickey melon

mickey melon Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Chicago,Il
    Ya know......I could see if this industry paid good wages, Then yes, lets get picky on physicals.....

But average annual salaries working for the Big megas are what 40-50k? Plus your expenses on the road..AINT WORTH IT to go and get BMI/apnea testing and agility cr@p.

If wages were 100k plus per year (Where they should be) for a company driver...Then Im all in it.

Im an owner-operator...When m,ine is due, I just get an annnual Physical and tell my Doctor to Filll this DOT form out..(He does it for others too)

Tell ya what......If you company drivers are satisfied with 40,000 dollars per year undr that much responsibility........You need to check yourself.

In my area, SteelWorkers and Refinery workers are making 110k per year 8 hours per day plus Full PAID benefits....Whether they Pass a physical or not.......If you have High Blood Pressure, Thats your problem,Not the place they work, You still get a paycheck whether its high or not. Cant say that about this industry

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.