How to cancel TVC?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by highway666, May 11, 2019.

1. highway666

highway666 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    San Pedro, CA
    I no longer need their insurance but I can’t seem to find a link on their website to cancel it. They’re going to keep charging 40 something dollars since I have it still. Anyone ever cancel their subscription?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You have to call into customer service and tell them to cancel your service.

IF they dig in and try to save the account, you nicely tell them "What part of cancel do you fail to understand?" and you will be transferred to someone who has the authority to do it.

One big reason why it's not easy to cancel is because it's really easy to take your money. Its a systematic form of retaining customers by making it too difficult to get out.

roshea and Intothesunset Thank this.
  4. Old-school trucker

Old-school trucker Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Mississippi
    You can get another debit card or whatever you use to pay it with

JoeyJunk, Moosetek13 and TripleSix Thank this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    which is why i do not allow any type of automatic payments, whether they be from my charge cards, or any bank account, FOR ANYTHING I HAVE.

i pay as i go.
    or

i pay online, ONE TIME payment at a time.

if they do not do business that way..??

I DO NOT do business with anyone.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    This is how you do it. Cancel the card number you gave them and go get a new card with a new number. No more TVC.

7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    11. Can I cancel my membership?
    There is no contract other than the current month you are in. You can cancel your membership, all we ask is that you put it in writing and return your bond cards as you do have $50,000 in accidental death coverage in effect. You can call and deactivate or change your payment method at any time.

3200 W. Wilshire Blvd., OKC, OK 73116 (Main Office)

Tulsa, OK Branch Office

Bernice, OK Branch Office

Email: tvctruckerslegal@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
    Reason for edit: Removed phone numbers
    PE_T, 25(2)+2, x1Heavy and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    The sure way is to get yourself a new debit/credit card from your financial institution. Otherwise, you're taking their word for it when THEY say THEY have cancelled your account.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Call your bank, tell the bank it is now unauthorized charge. When you cut off the money the lawyer will go away. Kind of like feeding rats

JoeyJunk and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Norton took almost a 100 dollars 6 weeks prior to annual renew day last year, I figured it out no automatic anything with those parasites. I don't know why I continue to do business with them so I manually pay them online when it's time.

My bank reversed the charges and Norton bowed down and cut the rate to 40 dollars to keep me on.

11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    The whole TVC thing is a scam, put the money into a savings account, stay within 5 mph of the posted and by the end of the year you'll be amazed. Same with radar detectors, Honestly I have got more speeding tickets relying on detectors than not. I never run them now stay alert, save the money.

These companies do not pay enough nor do you make any better time, take a chill pill set the cruz, pour yourself a cup o' Joe and relax. When doing the Houston TX turn I still run 600 plus a day no sweat.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.