how to enter the shipping container world

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by FloridaDudester, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Tampa Intermodal Container Drayage

FloridaDudester Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Not in Caif, they have laws upon laws.! How could they possibly buy a drivers license? Also saying container haulers are the lowest, some folks say all truckers are low. Do you fall into that category? I doubt it, so don't stereotype us all.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  4. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Bakerman..from nw Pa.

5. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I would personally haul containers in a wore out Volvo that was three different colors ahead of driving a nice Peterbilt and being out on the road for weeks on end. My truck isn't my life. My life is when I'm with my family out camping or something like that. My truck is the tool to make money for my life. I have friends who's truck is their life, high payments, gone all the time, grumpy wife, kids don't hardly know them, miss a lot of kids parties and programs, miss a lot of life, have a nice truck though that will turn your head.

I don't care what way you choose but ya some of us might not look that cool, but its not just because we're too lazy to do anything about it. It's because we're trying to be a dad along with providing for our family.

6. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Next time you’re in the truck stop, have a look around. Look at the people coming in from the truck parking area, it’s just saddening.

Some of these people just have no respect for themselves. I don’t know about you, but that’s not how I was brought up.

Doesn’t matter if you’re on the road, you still need to dress decent, look presentable and for gods sake take a shower every once in a while!

7. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    As for buying a drivers license, there were people they got busted at the California DMV for selling CDL‘s to illegals.
    Come across the border, trucking company needs drivers so they front them the money and send them to the DMV to get their license.

hallellujah and FloridaDudester Thank this.
  8. FloridaDudester

FloridaDudester Light Load Member

May 13, 2019
    That should be a high treason, capital offense, public square, the whole deal.

hallellujah Thanks this.
  9. mmk trucking

mmk trucking Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    You said it right

FloridaDudester Thanks this.
  10. Zayah

Zayah Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2019
    I drag containers in the Tri-state area out on Indiana. Mostly to and from Chicago rails mixed in with some local deliveries. I average about 3000 a week out my main truck. Been at it for 1 year 3 months and I added another truck 3 months ago. The guys with more seniority out our yard are pulling down 4k to 5k a week gross. We all are home daily and weekends for the most part. There is money to be made as a owner operator dragging cans. I know otr guys that see the same number but they are...wait for it... OTR

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.